Health & Nutrition MEAL Specialist This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Health & Nutrition (H&N) MEAL Specialist
- Division: MEAL.
- Location: Sana’a.
- Reports to: MEAL Manager.
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The Health & Nutrition MEAL Specialist is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of monitoring and evaluation on H&N projects/program. He/she will also ensure strong collaboration and coordination with the H&N Program manager.
- Supervise the M&E focal points for all the organization’s health and nutrition projects and provide technical guidance when needed to ensure effective accomplishment of the M&E tasks on time.
- Follow up the data management process of the organization’s H&N figures on sectoral and project levels and establish summary reports to be disseminated upon request with the concerned stakeholders.
- Establish a comprehensive MEAL plan on monthly basis with the assistance of the M&E focal points that include the dates, locations of the attended field visits and project review meetings.
- Arrange to conduct projects review meetings on monthly basis with the project / program team and prepare the minutes with the corresponding outcomes, actions points to be circulated with the concerned staff.
- Train all the M&E focal points and H&N project teams at beginning of each project.
- Revise, proofread and amend all of the M&E reports (Field visits, Progress reports, Training evaluation reports, Baseline/Endline surveys, post-monitoring reports, Satisfactions surveys) and ensure all of the report are in full compliance with the organization templates, tools and fulfilling the minimum reporting requirements.
- Assist the compliance team in conducting regular compliance appraisal for the ongoing health and nutrition projects.
- Work on improving/ updating the current M&E tools benefiting from the lessons learnt from the accomplished projects.
- Extrapolate lessons learnt from the finished interventions and circulate the obtained lessons with the H&N program colleagues to ensure evidence-based programming is mainstreamed.
- Participate in the financial forecasting for the M&E activities during the project design phase.
- Assist the colleagues in the Research department in designing and endorsing the tools from health and nutrition related research activities (need assessment, baseline/end line surveys, impact assessments, final evaluations).
- Conduct of qualitative and quantitative data analysis using appropriate software.
- Monitor data quality and keep tracking the progress of projects activities.
- Liaise with program and project staff to monitor and evaluate the defined objectives and specific organization success indicators and targets.
- Ensure the proper and timely collection, organizing and archiving (electronic and hard copy) of all indicator MOVs with assistance of the M&E focal points on a monthly basis.
- Participate in the project log-frame design/update, follow up on the project plan, monitor project output/ outcome indicators and assess progress made against targets while considering project quality, and provide timely feedback.
- To ensures that H&N activities are in accordance with plans of action.
- To provide timely implementation follow-up, including monitoring the organization’s inputs, local conditions and resources, flow of supply and non-supply assistance, and project status to build on project efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participate in the follow-up of the humanitarian situation in the country, the context of intervention and analyze the H&N humanitarian situation, and report to the senior management.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure all information is tracked according to H&N needs and donor requirements.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- University Degree in Public Health or any other medical related field.
- 3-5 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in developmental and humanitarian response programming and cluster approach.
- Demonstrable experience in fundraising and donor relations
- Field experience is a strong asset.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral, and strong inter-personal skills.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Excellent computer skills (Windows, Excel spreadsheets, Word-processing).
- Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic with the ability to translate complex material and data into clear and concise materials and reports.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Confidential
محرر صحفيDeadline:25 Jun | Sana'a
مختص علاقات عامة وتواصل (2)Deadline:08 Jun | Yemen
Head of Accounts - رئيس قسم الحساباتDeadline:04 Jun | Aden
M&E AssistantDeadline:04 Jun | Al-Jawf
M&E AssistantDeadline:04 Jun | Mukalla