Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Solidarités International seeks to recruit:
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer (1)
Location of position: Almkoha
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI’s mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen in 2017 and it has an operational base in Al Mokha with a suboffice in Al Khokha. The mission currently consists of an emergency and postemergency program with a WASHfocused approach in the districts of the West coast, in Taiz and Hudaydah governorates.
The position will be based in Almokha.
MISSION / OBJECTIVES
Under the supervision of the MEAL supervisor, the M&E Officer is in charge of the monitoring of the activities’ implementation.
He/she collects data and provides evidences of the program’s progress and achievements.
List of main tasks:
Monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
Under the responsibility of the MEAL supervisor, participate in the logistics and administrative organisation, planning and preparation of M&E missions:
- Contribute to the creation of monitoring tools and to the preparation of database frames based on questionnaires.
- Support the team leader in centralizing and organizing data collection for activities and outputs as defined in the M&E plan.
- Collect monitoring data using SI tools:
- Contribute to data collection at field level (overseeing surveys etc.) and make sure that all available aspects are covered.
- Ensure that all data is entered on time and check their consistency and quality. Contribute to maintain the database following a standard format allowing aggregation of data to produce routine or periodic monitoring reports.
- Identify potential negative impacts of the activities.
- Monitor that crosscutting aspects like gender and “do no harm” are taken into account in the activities.
- Formulate preliminary recommendations on how to improve the activities.
- Monitor humanitarian situation.
- With the support of the PM and MEAL team, prepare and implement trainings on monitoring tools to field officers.
- Assist in external M&E mission.
- Ensure that contractual soft & hard data about programmes is easily available upon request.
- Apply the security procedures in the context of monitoring & evaluation missions.
Reporting / communication
- Draft M&E reports and provide project updates and recommendations as necessary.
- Participate in seminars and training workshops which may be useful to the accomplishment of monitoring & evaluation activities and the attainment of the project’s objectives and in restitution workshops.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived and secured
- Update regularly the monitoring & evaluation tools & methodology considering the donors indicators, gender, disable persons, protection & « Do No Harm » approaches
- Make regular reports to the team lead on the evolution of activities and specific tasks confided to him/her, problems encountered, and the quality of relations with beneficiaries
- Bring to light any difficulty linked to his or her activities, to the programs of Solidarités or security concerns
- Collaborate with the administration and the local authorities
- Take part in recruitment of the monitoring team (enumerators / DW) when needed
- Train and build the capacity of the team (enumerators /DW)
- Supervise the monitoring team (enumerators / DW)
ORGANIZATIONAL CHART POSITION
- Line manager: MEAL supervisor
- Line report(s) on base: Enumerator/DW
- Bachelor in IT Preferred. Good knowledge of office package, experience in data analysis, data collection is a strong asset.
- Prior NGO/INGO experience of 1 year minimum in WASH.
- Experience in similar context and area.
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context.
- Good understanding of the security context.
- Very good level of English is preferred.
- Proactive, motivated & organised.
- Ability to spend extended hours on the field on the West Coast.
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل