Job Title: WPE Community Mobilizer.
Band/ Level / Grade: 9A
Location: Aden Governorate – Alburiqa District.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving and life changing assistance to refugees and persons of concern required to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC is responsible for the way from harm to home.
Under the direct supervision of the Prevention and Risk Reduction (PRR) Officer, the Community Mobilizer ensure work in the targeted communities, WPE Community Centre, WPE Safe Spaces and other IRC surrounding facilities and conduct community mobilization and GBV risk mitigation activities, safety assessments, capacity building trainings, meetings, and community-based activities.
Under the direction of the WPE Prevention Officer, WPE community mobilizer will:
- Conduct information and awareness sessions with female and male in the community to disseminate information about available services and key protection concerns.
- Identify and assess new communities to be engaged in WPE activities.
- Maintain regular contact with community focal points and volunteers to ensure a constant flow of information and feedback.
- Provide close mentoring and capacity building support to community representatives.
- Support and facilitate with PRR Officer in providing capacity building training to local leaders.
- In close collaboration with community outreach volunteers conduct regular safety assessments to identify key risks faced by women and girls within their community.
- Facilitate referral of identified needs to humanitarian organizations and other service providers, ensuring follow up and feedback to the community.
- Other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, or other related area.
- Minimum one year experience in community mobilization within women protection knowledge and field work.
- Good understanding of gender-based violence, women’s protection, and empowerment in the context of Yemen
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, including computer literacy.
- Based in Aden with 100% travel to field.
The IRC and IRC workers must make sure to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
How to Apply
1- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/17161?c=rescue
2- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
3- Deadline for Applying: June 20, 2021. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M, June 20, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل