Position Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Aden, Yemen
Employment Type: Full time
Starting Date: October 2021
Contract Duration: 12 months
"We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis!"
Dorcas Aid International is a Dutch INGO active in 15 countries and in the process of establishing a Country Office in Yemen. In anticipation of signing the Principal Agreement with MoPIC, Dorcas is looking for a national, qualified and experienced Project Coordinator to start the operations of Dorcas in Yemen. Are you a humanitarian aid professional with specific experience in Food Security, based in Aden and interested to support an international, inspiring and dynamic aid and development organisation establish in Yemen?
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supporting in designing & writing of project proposals.
- Planning & coordinating the implementation of delegated project activities together with implementing partners.
- Visiting project sites to ensure regular supervision of project progress.
- Monitoring & Evaluating of project objectives and results against set indicators and ensuring adequate data collection.
- Reporting project progress on monthly and quarterly base to Country Director.
- Advising Dorcas Program Management about possible improvements based on evaluation reports.
- Ensuring effective management, support and development of all Dorcas staff engaged in the project work.
- Representing the organization in project related meetings (with donors, (local) authorities, other (I)NGOs), together with the Country Director.
- Participating in relevant humanitarian cluster meetings and relevant working groups that are of significance to the project.
- Assisting Country Director and performing other tasks that fit within the framework of the position.
Qualifications & Skills / Your Profile:
- You have a degree in Development Studies, Agriculture, Food Security & Livelihoods, or other relevant discipline.
- You have a proven record of experience in project management & budgeting; with a strong preference for candidates with experience in Food Security (Cash, Voucher and In-Kind).
- You have worked with an INGO before for not less than five years, in a similar and/or managerial position.
- You have the ability to work and develop linkages with INGOs, government agencies, institutional donors and other stakeholders.
- You have excellent knowledge of Arabic and English (spoken and written) and are computer literate (MS Office programs: Word, Excel)
- You have a driving license.
- You possess excellent planning, coordinating and organizational skills.
- You have a proactive attitude and strong interpersonal and intercultural skills and able to work independent (with minimal supervision).
- You are a good communicator.
- You work well under pressure and in complex and volatile contexts and can travel to projects sites.
How to Apply
- Send your motivation letter and CV in English before 4th of October 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We reserve the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
* All Dorcas employees sign the Dorcas code of conduct and are obliged to adhere to it. The protection of the child has specific attention in our code of conduct. We hereby follow the PSEA guidelines (Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse). During the application process we can perform a background check, including references from former employers. You can find our code of conduct via downloads at dorcas.nl/organisatie.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل