Finance and HR Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
FINANCE AND HR OFFICER - Yemen
SCOPE OF WORK
Job Title: Finance and HR Officer
Job Status: 6months Contract, Full-Time
Job Location: Aden- Yemen
Reports to: Country Program Manager
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: July 30, 2021
MedGlobal is an international medical organization registered in Yemen as a non-profit that provides health and nutrition services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health volunteers of diverse backgrounds.
The Finance and HR Officer is responsible for the accounting and finance activities of our programs in Yemen with a particular focus on the bank and cash handling in line with MedGlobal policies and procedures and in accordance with the local employment legislation and practice. As well as recruiting staff, payroll, handling VAT, Tax and registration forms.
❖ KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Assistance in Operational, Financial and Business Management
- Assistance in preparation of financial reports and Periodic Financial Closing
- To participate in External Audit as and when required
- Office Management/Bookkeeping/Filing System Management
- Provide administrative support for HR
❖ Finance and Accounting
- Carry out the day-to-day accounting functions of the program including, but not limited to:
- Prepare bank and cash voucher payments and daily transaction reports
- Employees and logistics cash advances
- QuickBooks data entry
- Daily/monthly cash counts
- Manage in-country cash, ensuring sufficient amounts are available at all times and that necessary security measures are in place and are being followed.
- Work closely with the MedGlobal Head Office and Yemen office program Manager on all MoPIC submissions such as projects audit reports completion and new project budget preparation.
- Pay supplier invoices either directly or in conjunction with team members and in accordance with agreements made.
- Prepare and Pay local employees’ salaries and allowances as agreed, ensuring that all required statutory deductions are made and subsequently paid to the appropriate authorities.
- Support colleagues in cash handling and financial transactions, providing coaching and guidance as required
- Prepare for and support internal and external financial audits, providing all information required by local legislation, donors, HQ, or other bodies
- Ensure a clear and transparent paper trail is adhered to for all financial transactions and that all filing and archiving are in line with MedGlobal and donor requirements which follow international accounting standards.
- Conduct regular cash and bank reconciliations, verifying amounts held and reporting any discrepancies
- Prepare and manage all VAT, tax preparation, and renew MedGlobal office registration forms as needed.
- Monthly Cash forecast for the sub office, provide cash forecasts, manage cash in/out and sub office financial reporting.
- Reviews and checks financial supporting documentation for integrity, accuracy and completeness before transaction is approved for payment.
- Reviews and verifies payroll computations for all offices, monitors and reconciles pension deductions as well as income tax withheld; ensures that the taxes withheld (Income Tax, social insurance etc) are deposited with the relevant authorities in a timely manner.
- Assist with review of Purchase Order, Advance Request, Expense Reports and Payment Requests.
- Monitoring procedures are in place to ensure that there is a Zero tolerance approach to bribery, fraud and corruption.
Human Resources & Administration
- Ensure all employment practices for nationally recruited staff comply with local labor laws, seek advice from local lawyers, and benchmark with other NGOs in-country as applicable
- Work with relevant colleagues to ensure the preparation, payment, and record-keeping of staff salaries and/or allowances is done in a timely manner and in accordance with local employment regulations, ensuring that all required statutory deductions are made and subsequently paid to the appropriate authorities
- Ensure all employees have a personnel file containing all relevant documentation and information and archived according to MedGlobal policy, local law, and any donor requirements.
- Ensure line managers/team members receive any necessary training, advice, mentoring, or coaching on performance management or any other relevant areas of finance and HR.
- Maintain open and frequent communication with field management and the HQ HR Officer concerning all HR issues
- Ensure team members are informed of the required HR procedures, and be available to answer any HR related questions and to provide coaching and guidance as necessary
- Ensure relevant HR and accountant documentation are made available to staff in a language they understand.
- To ensure regular updates of the staff database, validations of staff leaves days and manage staff files.
- Co-ordinate the recruitment process for new/vacant positions in conjunction with the country representative and the program manager. This includes job descriptions, advertising, short-lists, interviews, and the appointment
- To ensure the introduction of the incoming staff on the support, rules and regulation.
- Finalize the exit process with leave requests.
- Create monthly, and annual Finance and HR reports
- Conduct regular internal audits and report immediately any possible fraud or theft.
- Prepare and manage VAT, tax preparation, and renew MedGlobal office registration forms as needed, including all the relevant reports.
- Ensure that MedGlobal program legal compliance of in-country human resources activities in accordance with MedGlobal, donor, national and international requirements
- Ensure that all Medglobal documentation is constantly updated to MedGlobal Google drive
- Confidentiality of information held on individual staff
- Implement and improve human resources systems and policies
- Experience with international donors ( such as OCHA, USAID, UN and EU) financial principles and guidelines
- Experience in banking/handling foreign remittance/donations is a must.
- Experience with employment agreements, financial data and HR records management
- Experiencing with basic budgeting methods
- Experience with report writing and generation
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational and project coordination skills
- Fluent in English a requirement
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent computer skills of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Google drive
Educational and Professional:
- University degree in relevant subject or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in finance and human resource
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in preparing project budging in an INGO that receives foreign funds/donations.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل