Admin Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, WFP, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Almahweet, Al-Bayda’a, a6nd Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection.
- Posted vacancy: Admin Assistant
- Location: Hajjah
- Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
- Position Type: Full-time contract.
- Position reporting to: Project Manager.
- Starting Date: ASAP.
- Post date: Nov17th, 2022
- Closing date: Nov26th, 2022
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the process of communicating with local banks and financial institutions to keep abreast of financial and regulatory information (exchange and interest rates, procedures and rules, maintaining bank accounts, etc.).
- Maintain a petty cash register and work to reflect its transactions in the system
- Responsible for operational covenants disbursed under specific projects and ensuring they are properly liquidated by submitting all supporting documents and also reflected in the system.
- Maintaining and updating the asset register.
- Preparing all payment requirements for office expenses such as electricity, water, stationery, etc.
- Preparing routine correspondence of an administrative nature and drafting correspondence to verify data, answer inquiries and obtain additional information on financial matters
- Assisting in the budget monitoring process.
- Arranging and archiving all supporting documents for payment.
- Organizing administrative activities for meetings, workshops and training courses.
Travel Coordination and Logistical Support:
- Provides support for travel bookings such as ticketing, accommodation, and transportation.
- Ensure a clean and efficient working area and ensure a cooperative and supportive working environment
Cash Management and Maintain Inventory:
- Make Orders and payments for Office Expenses.
- Maintain checks log sheet.
- Assist in Managing the Petty Cash and Clearing Advances.
- Maintain property register and physical check
- Keep up to date record of assets and projects inventory (database)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any related field.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a relevant field.
- Familiarity with procurement procedures and/or financial management.
- Experience working with NGOs, INGOs.
Professional Standards: The SDF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in SDF Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equity. In accordance with these values, the SDF operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation, and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل