Program Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Job Title: Program Manager
- Location: Aden, Yemen
- Contract: Fixed Staff
- Application Deadline: 27- 05- 2023
The Field Medical Foundation (FMF) has been operating in Yemen since 2012 during even the most dangerous peak of the conflict in the country. Our staff of dedicated professionals and passionate volunteers are the helping hand that delivers aid from local and/or international partners to those who require it the most, in a country that was already suffering before the war. Today we have helped humanitarian aid reach the hands of more than 9 million vulnerable people in Yemen to help them not only to survive but also to rebuild their lives. We aim to provide a comprehensive approach to providing aid through interventions, which is why we work in almost all sectors of international emergency relief.
Under the management of FMF Executive Management, the Program Manager will have the following activities and tasks:
People management and internal communication:
- To manage and coordinate a team of technical experts including activities of recruitment, objectives setting, performance and development interviews, giving feedbacks, coaching and capacity building.
- To oversee and support the capacity building of all concerned employees in the fields of program cycle management, program implementation, based on an assessment of the critical program improvement needs of the country of operation.
- To work in close collaboration with the other departments, and Senior Management
- To ensure the implementation of strategical documents and SOPs
Program strategy, proposal development and contract management:
- To contribute to the development, dissemination, and implement the organization’s strategic plan
- To supervise and coordinate the development of project proposals and budgets, ensuring strong coordination between technical, operational and support teams, including field teams.
- To ensure the quality of project implementation and the reporting requirement and deadlines.
- To follow up on the fundraising strategy in accordance with the program strategy.
- To ensure that multisectoral assessments and program assessments are responding to needs.
Program quality and accountability:
- To oversee and support the continuous improvement of program quality standards, including harmonization between projects and offices
- To ensure the respect and application of the organization’s values and code of conduct, in particular by setting an example
- To evaluate and improve organization’s accountability measures in the country in accordance with commitments under the Humanitarian Standards
- To contribute to high-quality Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
- To support and supervise the timely submission of high-quality reports to donors.
In addition to the above, the Program Manager may be asked to carry out other duties as requested by the Senior Management.
- Relevant university degree (master’s or post-diploma desirable), in international relations and / or development. political science or similar field
- Min. 5 years of experience in complex humanitarian and development emergencies
- Min. 3 years of experience in staff management and development
- Previous extensive experience with INGOs
- Strong experience in program development and proven fundraising
- Substantial experience in project management in an NGO, including responsibility for strategy design, staffing, administrative and financial management, contract management, and donor relations
- Experience in leading programming and strategic planning, implementation, monitoring, and learning
- Proven experience in negotiating and advocating with government authorities and donors for solutions that meet the needs of beneficiaries and civil society by pursuing internationally recognized values of universal nature in a conflict or post-conflict context, with respect for local culture and traditions
- Ability to manage a multidisciplinary team, heavy workload, and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Team player, excellent communication, and strong participatory leadership skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Professional command of English
- Flexible to regular field site travel and overnight stays in areas of intervention.
Note: Applicants are requested to apply as soon as possible; the interviews will be done in a rolling basis.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Jobs you may be interested in
Posted 1 week ago
Deadline: 06 Jun. 2023
Posted 4 days ago
Deadline: 08 Jun. 2023