The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, WFP, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Almahweet, Al-Bayda’a, a6nd Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection.
Posted vacancy: Child Protection Officer
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Position Type: Full-time contract.
Position reporting to: Project Manager.
Starting Date: ASAP.
Postdate: Sep.20th, 2022.
Closing date: sep.26th, 2022
- Conduct comprehensive case management for all identified cases of unaccompanied children, separated children, children at risk and children with disabilities. This includes but is not limited to:
- Conducting Best Interest Assessments (BIAs).
- Conducting regular and urgent home visits to UASC & CR
- Identifying foster families and conducting the foster care assessment;
- Verification and investigation of emergency cases related to child protection and collection of all documents related to the emergency in coordination with the UNHCR vocal point.
- Contribute to reporting on child protection trends from the field on a regular basis;
- Identifying shared accommodation for unaccompanied children as per the agreed criteria with UNHCR;
- Referrals of children to other UNHCR partners and services providers when needed.
- Work as a GBV/SGBV focal point with regular basis monitoring, referral, and follow up.
- Take in charge translators’ team, their attendance, tasks, and daily follow up.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly plans.
- Proper archiving of all related child protection documents of each case.
- Keep close and good coordination with refugees’ communities, host community and local authorities on child protection related issues.
- Co-organize and facilitate where possible the child protection related trainings and write the final training reports.
- Co-prepare the units periodic reports (weekly, monthly, semi-annual and
- Document and report the challenges faced during the implementation of the child protection activities in addition to the success stories.
- Analyze the situation and actively participate in developing protection system.
- Conduct family tracing for UAC/ SC children.
- abiding the Code of Conduct for the employees of child protection, and also to abide by the administrative regulations of the Foundation for Sustainable Development (SDF
- Liaise with logistic and finance departments to ensure protection activities have the required resources at time, and complete and keep records of the necessary paperwork.
- Identify 10 community based day-care centers in different locations from different nationalities, the gaps and challenges in the implementation of theses centers’ services and the proposed solutions to improve the quality of provided services at the centers.
- Trains and supervises child care staff, student assistants, and volunteers; evaluates performance; makes work assignments; monitors staff’s interaction with children; trains staff in emergency care procedures; schedules staff to meet program requirements; arranges for substitutes; resolves parent complaints regarding staff performance; maintains attendance, meal, and activities records; assists with food preparation, service, and cleanup; orders equipment and supplies; monitors and reports facility maintenance and repair needs.
- Plans and develops developmentally-appropriate activities to teach art, music, colors, shapes, numbers, letters, and motor skills; develops activities for daycare portion of program to include campus and community field trips;
- Perform any other duties as requested by supervisor and the officer.
- University degree, preferably in psychology, social work, education or any related field.
- 3 years of experience in international development/ humanitarian assistance program, preferably in emergency context.
- Knowledge of operations of local and international NGOs.
- Field experience and solid understanding of psychosocial / protection issues in such context.
- Experience in team management and staff capacity building.
- Extensive training experience.
- Demonstrated training materials development experience.
- Previous work experience in refugee/IDP settings, complex emergencies and/or post conflict / disaster situations.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Service-oriented and committed to providing support to field colleagues.
- Stress resistance.
- Ability to work within a fluid situation (changes within the team, location of programs).
- Willingness to work within a team and respect the rules of collective living.
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian ideals.
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner.
- Ability to manage staff in a mature and impartial manner.
Professional Standards: The SDF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in SDF Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equity. In accordance with these values, the SDF operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation, and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
How to Apply
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as applications and CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Any Candidate Provide incorrect information will be eliminated.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل