MEAL Assistant (WB) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The MEAL Assistant is responsible to support the close monitoring of quality implementation the three-year Restoring Education and Learning (REAL) World Bank funded project. SCI Yemen will be implementing the REAL project in partnership with WFP and UNICEF. The project’s primary objective is to maintain access to basic education, improve conditions for learning and strengthen education sector capacity in selected districts of several governorates in Yemen targeting over 1’000 schools. He/she has a crucial role in following up and maintaining the accountability mechanism in targeted locations. As part of enhancing the documentation of MEAL activities, the MEAL assistant will assist in creating and developing digitalized tools and data management systems. Also he will be in charge of data entry for IMPACT.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: MEAL Officer (World Bank)
Staff reporting to this post:
Direct: Enumerators / data entery clarcks (casual)
Indirect : N/A
Budget Responsibilities: N/A
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
A. Monitoring and evaluation of project:
- Providing accurate qualitative and quantitative data collected in the field according to external and internal deadlines.
- Conduct monitoring and follow up visits to locations of activities’ implementation.
- Conduct field monitoring visits to assess implementation of quality benchmarks as per project MEAL plans.
- Conduct and support partners in implementation of focus groups discussions and data collection for reporting on project indicators.
- Support data collection for the purpose of internal studies, assessments, evaluations and any other data collection requirements.
- Support planning, implementation and follow-up of evaluations
- Conduct simple data analysis and present and disseminate information to inform programme management.
- Undertake visits to the field throughout the project, as needed to support data collection or verify data quality; this includes the Data Quality Assurance (DQA) Guideline.
- Support data entry and reporting efforts if needed, and contribute to the overall implementation of assessment, monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Support data analysis and quality checking needs that may arise.
- Support the implementation of activities of project MEAL plans in collaboration with the project team.
- Contribute to the documentation of project events such as meetings, event and workshops.
B. Accountability and response mechanism CRM
- Support REAL MEAL Officer in implementing accountability assessments in the targeted communities according to Save the Children (SCI) accountability benchmarks and other international standards.
- Conduct and facilitate sensitization and information sharing sessions within target communities on existing accountability mechanisms and means of contacting SCI.
- Support REAL MEAL Officer in conducting consultation sessions with adults and children to develop effective and child friendly accountability mechanisms for target communities.
- Receive, log and document all issues, suggestions, feedback and complaints delivered to SCI, complaint boxes, FGDs ,or any other feedback mechanism established by SCI.
- Manage databases of information sharing and lead innovation of new mechanisms, tools and channels to improve participation of communities and their ability to provide feedback and raise concerns.
- Lead the mechanism of communication between the project team, toll-free operators and beneficiaries.
- Provide ideas and recommendations to strengthen accountability mechanisms and ensure that feedback received is used to inform program design and implementation.
- Refer all received feedback and inquiries to relevant program teams for their action and make sure all issues are addressed/resolved.
- Respond to beneficiaries’ queries with good knowledge of relevant information when approached.
- Lead on a record on the accountability database any incidents and follow it up with the relevant staff members.
C. Support to MEAL unit functions
- Participate in team workshops, lessons learned and reflections seminars.
- Contribute and participate within REAL project staff and MEAL unit meetings including accurate reporting of successes and challenges.
- Support in the development of MEAL systems (including Indicator Performance Tracking Tables) and their roll out to field staff and partners.
- Support the development of digitalized MEAL tools for programs and quality reporting using Kobo toolbox for example.
- Support the MEAL unit to achieve its goals through the occasional undertaking of additional activities that contribute to the overall ability of the organisation to achieve its stated outputs.
- Support on the roll-out of the Digitalized MEAL system and perform data entry tasks for the REAL project on the system.
- Any other tasks given by line manager.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Bachelor’s degree in Social since , Statictics, Information management, Education or any relivent field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- • Minimum of one year of progressive professional experience in M&E
- • Strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- • Computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- • Experience in using computer programmes to collect data such as KOBO Toolbox and the ability to document and share assessment and monitoring results.
- • Previous experience in planning, collecting, entering, analysing and managing data.English, language skill required
- • Knowalge M&E methodologies; Facilitation, training, presentation and conducting of qualitative and quantitative research; developing and improving monitoring and data collection systems
- • Bright, analytical, independent and reliable person
- • Ability to work with minimum supervision, and solve problems independently.
- • Ability to identify and solve issues relating to monitoring and evaluation.
- • Knowalge with Education development programs, including knowledge of EMIS preferred;
- • Some experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Oct 17, 2021
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل