MEAL Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Title: MEAL Officer
Responsible to: Country Director
Start date: ASAP
About Human Appeal:
Human Appeal is a non-profit organization working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 28 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 25 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe. 2021 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. Human Appeal is Provision of Emergency Food Security and Livelihood assistance for acutely food insecure households, so Human Appeal looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Human Appeal Yemen team.
Under Country Director, The MEAL Officer is responsible for ensuring quality and accountability standards are integrated into the regular MEAL day-to-day activities. S/he will be providing technical support in all field monitoring, data collection, analysis, assessments, surveys, and learning activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and assess monitoring frameworks for all organization partnerships and projects, as well as for funding proposals
- Develop the overall framework for project M&E systems in collaboration with donor and senior project staff, including requirements, reporting, baseline, and evaluation surveys; develop and monitor project management plan to systematically document performance
- Facilitate design of “SMART” objectives, logic models, monitoring frameworks, and evaluation plans during annual work-planning process
- Ensure the alignment of M&E activities with program goals
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project targets and ensure inclusion of M&E activities
- Maintain existing indicator tracking tools; develop additional databases and tracking tools as needed to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions
- Ensure adherence to specific monitoring and reporting requirements
- Analyze data for accuracy, flag validation or quality issues, and contribute to system fixes
- Generate indicator reports for tracking progress against key indicators as needed
- Create and integrate graphics in reports and information products to help visualize data in a meaningful way
- Edit content and presentation of all reporting and deliverables before submittal to ensure superior quality and professionalism
- Coordinate responses to requests for information
- Contribute to developing and reporting of project reviews, assessments, surveys, and other analytic or evaluation processes and products
- Ensure a unified approach to partner self-assessment and programmatic close-out reporting
- Conduct field visits for data validation and to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets; coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program development and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data; capture and document lessons learned; and champion the scaling up best practices
- Provide technical leadership and support to project and partner staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting; provide training as needed
- Support the development, design, and writing of proposals and concept notes for related programming information management and reporting
- Support recruiting, interviewing, and training new M&E staff and/or consultants
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with local partner organization, donors, private sectors partners, and national authorities
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist in designing, and coordinating project evaluations (mid-term and end-line) to form an efficient monitoring and evaluation system.
- Support implementation of evaluations and ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to Human Appeal monitoring and evaluation system by following Up and visiting the projects in different locations and preparing risk log and issues log for projects according to site visits and depending on each project to support monitoring and evaluation process throughout projects.
MEAL system development
- Deal with MEAL tools, including Surveys, Questionnaires, and Kobo forms, by conducting regular data collection and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations in coordination with Field Officers.
- Identify risks in terms of daily operations and provide written weekly, monthly Reports to M&E Coordinator so as to ensure field office is acting in accordance with HA policies and relevant regulations
Training and Learning
- Sharing learning from M&E process with the Field team and train the volunteers on M&E Process to ensure everyone is acknowledged of M&E system and improvements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required, in a related filed.
- Minimum of five years of experience working in the field of monitoring and evaluation
- Working experience with INGOs
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating M&E systems from project initiation to close out
- Experience in strategic planning and performance management, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Ability to manage critical relationships with diplomacy and tact and engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational. and time management skills
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Computer proficiency
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, and with data quality assessments and oversight
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to synthesize complex information and communicate it effectively to diverse audiences.
- Ability to design and implement efficient work flows and procedures
- Demonstrated experience in field monitoring and conducting surveys.
- Experience in writing quality reports.
- Experience in implementing accountability system such as complaints, feedback, and response mechanism.
- Strong data analysis skill. The use of SPSS, Epi Infor software is advantage.
- Facilitation, training, and coaching skills
- Team work and Management skills.
The position will be based in Sana’a.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل