Area Database Officer - Saadah This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Vacancy Announcement –Area Database Officer - Saadah
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries with 300 international staff and 4,400 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Al Hodeidah, Raymah, Al Dhale’e, Saadah, Al Jawf, Aden, and Dhamar.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Area Database Officer
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 3 months,
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Database Management System Implementation
- Maintain the country’s central and project-specific databases;
- Ensure all data is entered and updated in the databases and tables;
- Support the AME Officer and Monitors/Surveyors in ensuring that data is collected in a timely and accurate manner according to the reporting and monitoring requirements;
- Check the quality of the data submitted by field staff;
- Liaise with field staff regarding missing data, eventual mistakes, data discrepancies and/or inconsistencies;
- Perform “clean data” when needed;
- Ensure proper filing of hard and soft copies of survey questionnaires, lists of beneficiaries or other data collection tools or documents;
- Maintain and further develop the structure or format of the databases as required;
- Implement proper backup, restore, data validation, and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability;
- Provide database technical support to ACTED teams, and troubleshoot both hardware and software issues.
2. Data Analysis
- Verify the accuracy of the data collected during assessments;
- Clean data collected during assessments and flag any issues to the relevant departments;
- Extract queries, figures, and reports from the database;
- Generate data visualization such as charts, graphs, tables to be included in communication tools, reports, assessments and any other documents as per needs;
- In collaboration with the AME Officer, provide data analysis of projects’ activities and assessment data;
- Support the improvements of the data collection tools and processes and pilot new ideas with assessment teams in the field.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Participate in database-related workshops and meetings as required;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- University degree in computer science or statistics with at least two years of relevant professional experience in information management or database;
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with NGOs to design and develop databases and information management systems;
- Minimum one year of team management experience (having technically supported/supervised a database team of at least 3 individuals);
- Extensive knowledge of data collection platforms and methodologies (quantitative and qualitative), database design, and harmonization;
- Skilled information analysis and the ability to produce maps and factsheets to detail project achievements;
- Experience/knowledge of using advanced Excel formulas and functions to manage and analyze databases;
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email/internet software, statistical analysis packages;
- Demonstrated experience providing technical support and training to field teams in a constructive and effective manner;
- This position requires excellent written and spoken English;
- Ability to listen and communicate consistently, clearly, and concisely, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Ability to be proactive and work independently, while contributing positively to fostering teamwork and collaboration across departments and bases.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from ACTED
Project Officer (Hygiene Promotion)Deadline:02 Nov | Lahij , Aden
CFW Sub-Engineer (2)Deadline:02 Nov | Lahij , Aden
Project Assistant (Information Management)Deadline:02 Nov | Ma'rib
Project Assistants (CCCM) (5)Deadline:02 Nov | Ma'rib
Project Assistant (Shelter & WASH)Deadline:02 Nov | Ma'rib