Protection Officer- Consortium Mainstreaming (Sana'a) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Protection Officer- Consortium Mainstreaming
Duty Station [Sana’a-Yemen]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a protection of human rights framework, DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict. Programmers include protection, livelihood, food and NFI distribution, water and sanitation, and advocacy amongst others. DRC Yemen has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. DRC has mainly focused on refugees and migrants displaced by conflict and natural disasters.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
About the job:
Overall purpose of the role:
The Protection Mainstreaming Officer is responsible for ensuring Consortium protection mainstreaming mandate is being considered and mainstreamed within all Consortium project and programmes. Under supervision of Consortium manager, the Consortium Mainstreaming protection officer will work closely with the Consortium Capacity building specialist to train and support protection mainstreaming of all partners within the Yemen Displacement Consortium partners.
- Implementation of the PM workplan established between PM TWG and Consortium Coordination Team.
- PM FPs to track progresses on the work plan and produce reports to the Protection Coordination Team
- With the support of the Consortium Capacity Building Specialist and the Protection TWG, ensure key protection elements, standards and mandates are being considered and identified training needs are identified
- Contribute to the identification and reduction of vulnerabilities and/or exposure to threats, thereby creating a safer, more protective environment to the populations of concern,
- Provide insight to the Protection Coordination Team on key strategic activities/approaches based on engagement with the Sectors as well as identify challenges where targeted support is required
- Develop/compile training packages on selected Protection and Protection project related topics,
- Provide trainings utilizing developed training packages and other materials to partner staff, local partners, community groups, and stakeholders, in coordination with the Project Managers,
- Support the translation of Capacity building materials into Arabic
- Facilitate trainings related to protection mainstreaming, as well as general protection principles to YDRs partners and internal staff,
- Coordinate the provision of trainings with respective staff (sector staff, HR, Logistics, Finance, M&E) and Project Manager,
- Monitor application of skills gained in trainings by staff, partner organizations, community groups, and stakeholders,
- Produce monthly reports on the progression of protection mainstreaming in all DRC programmes,
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with colleagues and relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Iraq programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
- Ensure transparency and DRC’s positive regard and reputation within communities
- This position requires frequent travel between base/suboffices/community centres/mobile centres, and will also require participation in community outreach.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 3 years of Experience.
- Report writing skills.
- Experience of work in the UN or NGO or voluntary sector is preferred but not essential.
- Experience in management of a team;
- Excellent analysis and reporting skills;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Punctuality and respect for applicable rules and procedures;
- Ethical and transparent decision-making.
- High regard toward preserving confidentiality of work-related information and data;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of local communities and customary rules;
- Independent work, i.e. with minimal supervision and under pressure;
- Self-motivation, goal/result-orientation and team work;
- Flexibility, creativeness, tolerance, and maturity.
- Computer/IT literacy (OS Windows/Vista/Linux, MS Office, Internet etc.);
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Relevant degree or experience Social development.
- Professional proficiency in English
- Arabic (excellent in written and Oral)
DRC will offer the successful applicant a one year contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As soon as possible, and be willing and able to work in Sana’a.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (H2 Non-Manager).
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from DRC
Protection Team Leader – Mixed Migration (Re-advertised)Deadline:25 Sep | Aden
Human Resources & Administration OfficerDeadline:04 Oct | West Coast