E&M and Reporting Engineer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
(E&M and Reporting Engineer)
Title: Evaluation, Monitoring and Reporting Engineer
Project: Yemen Integrated Urban Services Emergency Project II (YIUSEP II)
Duty station: Aden, Yemen
Section/Unit: Project Management
Supervisor: Project Implementation Unit Manager
GENERAL BACKGROUND ON THE RMF-IU:
Created in 2005, the RMF-IU has considerable experience in contract management. It had implemented several road maintenance and road rehabilitation contracts with funding from the road maintenance budget as well as from various donors, including the World Bank. For these contracts, the unit had managed all procurement activities for goods, works and consulting services. It had accumulated extensive experience in preparing bids, requests for proposals from consultants, and tender documents. The RMF-IU was headquartered in Sana'a since 2005, and in 2018 it has been transferred to be headquartered in Aden city based on cabinet decision No. (45) of (2018) regarding the transfer of the main centers of the funds to the temporary capital of Aden, Yemen.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION – JOB SPECIFIC
With funds received from the World Bank (IDA Grant YIUSEP II) for a period of two years, the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) will implement a project aiming at restoring critical urban areas within the Republic of Yemen. The project targets some cities in Yemen that have an estimated pre-crisis population of 50,000 people or more, or that have been covered in the Yemen Damage and Needs Assessment.
Under a direct project cooperation agreement between UNOPS and RMF-IU, the subprojects to be implemented by RMF-IU will be all under the urban roads/transport sector targeting the rehabilitation of selected primary and secondary urban roads including those at the entrances to the cities. RMF-IU will perform all necessary activities towards the design and implementation of each sub-project until completion to the satisfaction of UNOPS. The tasks will be planned in close coordination with UNOPS to ensure delivery to the agreed level of quality, those tasks are project selection, community engagement, design of works, procurement of consultants, procurement of contractors and works, contract administration, and quality management.
Under the direct supervision of the road maintenance project implementation unit manager and in close collaboration with the project team, the Administration Officer will be responsible for the effective technical and operational management for the project in compliance with RMF-IU and UNOPS rules and regulations throughout all the project components and phases. The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the RMF-IU and UNOPS.
Under direct supervision of the Implementation Unit Manager and the contract Administration Officer, EM & Reporting Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Engineer should have Full knowledge of PCA agreement between RMF-IUL Aden region & UNOPS including responsibilities, And
- Engineer should have Full Knowledge of subprojects consultancy services contracts between RMF-IU and consultants including TOR, And
- Engineer should have Full Knowledge of subprojects implementation contracts between UNOPS & contractors, duties and responsibilities of each side including the condition of contracts and other documents.
- Engineer should have strong and full knowledge of software programs, Maudling and formats for planning, evaluation & monitoring and Reporting including links of data & formulas on General and sub plans.
- Preparation and monthly updating of The General Plan of YIUSEP -II in participation with RMF-IU general manager , RMF-IU financial specialist, Senior Procurement officer, Senior Highway engineer, Senior of contract administration, Environmental Social Specialist and Senior of Quality Engineer, The plan should be prepared as per PCA agreement with UNOPS and to match the goals of Funder. General Plan includes dates of every stage of the projects stages, outputs' details, charts, critical path, estimated payments & cash flow and reflection on subprojects activities.
- In Participation with related Departments to develop and implement methodology and suitable system for Evacuation, monitoring and reporting of implementation the YIUSEP's Subprojects Prepare and submit to UNOPS a monthly and Quarterly Reports,in participation and coordination with related departments of Implementation unit.
- Continual improvement plan of every subproject during the implementation to pass obstacles and cover loss on time may be happened and achieve goals of YIUSEP-II
- Make random, or as requested by UNOPS, field visits to monitor the actual subproject status , evaluate and assess performance of contractors and supervision consultants with regard to Subprojects' plan and General plan of YIUSEP-II and conclude obstacles and recommendations and advise accordingly,
- Evaluation of every subproject plan and details time schedules in participation with contractor engineer, consultant and related seniors of units' departments, Accounting the delay on time and its direct effects Make required correction of subproject's plan and deciding the minimum Quantity/Quality of components " equipment's, materials or labors for subproject activities to recover the loss on time and achieve plan
- Review the contractor’s proposed detailed work program, plant and equipment deployment schedule, contractor’s personnel, etc. Prepare and submit complete technical work program /plan of subprojects for UNOPS’ No Objection prior implementation;
- Issue the sites hand over to the Contractors, preliminary completion certificates and the final taking over certificates
- Conduct three visits to each sub-project during DNP
- Verify and check that all contractors are adhering to health measures, and submit valid insurance policies as per contract agreement requirements.
- In addition to :
- In Participation with Senior Quality Engineer and related Departments, EM& Reporting Engineer should be able to :
- Develop and implement standard QA/QC (Quality Control) systems for the project and provide guidelines to the field implementation teams to review and implement contractors’ QA/QC plans;
- Participation with related Departments to Monitor Contractors’ conformity with traffic control and road safety action plan during construction;
- Monitor the implementation of the environmental management plan (EMP); and in the event of the occurrence of any unexpected environmental impacts, coordinate with UNOPS to recommend necessary mitigation measures;
- Ensure that all the environmental mitigation measures required to be implemented are incorporated in the contract documents;
- In participation with the contract administration officer, the Engineer should be able to :
- Prepare and submit of standard payment processing procedures for UNOPS review and approval;
- Prepare amendments/ variations (change orders, change drawings or modifications) as required during the contract implementation;
- Conduct progress meetings and to review progress claims submitted by contractors;
- Certify work volume, review and submit to UNOPS interim and final payments of the Contractors.
- Submit payment requests to UNOPS in a timely manner with supporting documentation, as required by UNOPS, for UNOPS to make direct payments to the Contractors.
- Establish efficient procedures for verifying Contractor performance and reporting progress and issues in a timely manner, including quality control reports, quantity survey records, requests for variation or change orders, requests for time extension, and Contractor’s claims and invoices.
- Reporting and updating the works implementation schedule, highlighting any foreseen delays, and timely proposing corrective measures. Ensure that prior consultation with UNOPS is required for any adjustment of the works implementation schedule.
- Recommend, in consultation with UNOPS, the rates for any unscheduled items that may arise.
- Assist the applicable local authority for final hand over by the contractors.
- Prepare monthly progress reports, quarterly progress reports and the final subproject completion report supported with photos showing progress of works activity.
KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT AND KNOWLEDGE SHARING
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills;
- Support on the RMF-IU of training and learning initiatives for personnel on relevant topics.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in project management;
- Share feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively;
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in civil engineering, project or construction management, development policy and/ or planning, international development/relations or any relevant discipline from a reputable university with at least 7 years of experience in infrastructure construction, rehabilitation and maintenance projects, and;
- At least 5 years of experience in civil engineering projects , at least One international project, especially roads and/ or highway maintenance, rehabilitation and construction for medium to large-scale projects;
- Comprehensive knowledge and/ or Training courses of Project management, planning, evaluation and monitoring, measurements, and QS/QC duties scales, in addition to full knowledge of related software programs as Civil 3D , photoshop, Microsoft office, Primavera, MS project, and MIS programs.
b. Work Experience
- Experience in the development and implementation of QA/QC standards and guidelines, methodology and systems suitable to urban roads maintenance;
- Experience in supervision, inspection, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Experience in environmental mitigation measures and safety measures for road works.
- Experience of working in an international NGO, UN agency or other international technical cooperation agency is desired;
- Managerial experience preferred.
- High-level analytical skills.
- Critical thinker.
- Fluency in Arabic and English langue’s is required
- Good on Data Base programs.
- Fluency in Reporting.
- Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others. (if relevant to the role)
- Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Open to change and flexible in a fast-paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure, on occasion in a highly stressful environment (e.g. civil strife, natural hazards and humanitarian crisis).
- Cope effectively with competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and non-negotiable deadlines.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل