Roving Health and Nutrition Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the position of
Roving Health and Nutrition Manager
Location: CO, Sanaa
The Roving Senior Health and Nutrition Manager is responsible for monitoring of the delivery of OFDA funded SCI health and nutrition program. The position is a roving role with 25% in Amran, 25% Saada, 25% Hodeida and 25% in Taiz. The Roving Senior Health and Nutrition Manager will ensure that programs are delivered based on best practices, available evidence, and context specificities. The post holder will provide technical and managerial leadership to the health and nutrition teams in four field offices, ensuring all activities are of a high quality and respond to assessed needs. S/he is responsible to build the capacity of health and nutrition teams based in each location and ensuring that technical capacity strengthening support to MoPHP effectively addresses their priority needs S/he is responsible for ensuring effective collaboration with partners based on principles of equality, transparency, responsibility and complementarity at each field office. S/he will ensure excellence in project cycle management, business development efforts, and strategic planning, reporting and representation. This is a senior and strategic program position at the field level with overall health and nutrition program monitoring of delivery responsibility.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Program Management, Technical Quality, and Strategy
- Provide strategic direction, leadership and overall technical and management support to health and nutrition programs for Hodeida, Saada,Amran, and Taiz Offices under the OFDA fund.
- Oversee the health and nutrition program activities, including technical support, supervision and guidance to health & nutrition teams.
- Provide guidance and support to the Health and Nutrition Project managers to effectively manage competing priorities and implementation in line with the SCI country strategy and project proposal.
- Actively support the health and nutrition management team in the development and implementation and monitoring of health and nutrition interventions in their area of operation, including mobile teams, community outreach, and support to ministry of health.
- Coordinate direct reports toward ensuring all targets are met on time, scope, according to budgets and in line with donor commitments.
- Support the development of M&E systems and lead analysis of health and nutrition data trends to course correct and adapt programming, with a focus on quality interventions.
- Work collaboratively to integrate the health and nutrition program with other sectors where appropriate, particularly with WASH, FSL and Protection.
- Support training of SCI staff and MOPHP staff to improve technical knowledge and practices, ensuring that capacity strengthening support effectively addresses individual and partner priority needs.
- Lead and participate in the development of budgets for program proposals in collaboration with the grants and finance team.
- Work with the health and nutrition technical advisors to strengthen the health system, defining the strategic direction of the community health and nutrition programming.
- Support the field managers in the development of annual field office plan.
- Liaise with partners, sector working groups and other stakeholders to ensure that SCI programmatic goals and strategies are in line with humanitarian need priorities.
- Coordinate regular health and nutrition program assessments to identify opportunities for expansion and improvements in program effectiveness, efficiency and efficacy.
- Explore opportunities for expansion in health and nutrition sub-sectors
- Lead on the design of the health and nutrition sectors contingency plan as part of the country emergency response preparedness plan and strategy.
- Ensure effective and high quality reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use, capturing best practice.
- Work with field teams to identify success stories.
- Establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships on field level and take the lead role in representing the principles and work of SCI to representatives of other organizations (UN, NGOs, INGOs, counterparts, donors, government Authorities etc) in the area of health and nutrition
- Lead efforts to improve active co-ordination and networking with local government agencies, NGOs, UN agencies and other stakeholders in health and nutrition.
- Actively participate in health and nutrition sub cluster meetings
- Internally the post holder will be expected to work with the senior management team, technical advisors and programme managers and with staff across departments throughout the programme.
- External: The post holder will be expected to develop and maintain personal links and effective relationships with UN, NGOs, INGOs, partners and key stakeholders, counterparts, donors, and the government authorities in the operational area.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Health related degree. (Medical Doctor/MPH in community medicine)
- Competent in Windows, MS office programs, emails and relevant health/nutrition database (HMIS, DHIS etc.)
- Minimum of five years professional experience implementing humanitarian health and Nutrition programs at managerial or coordination level within an INGO.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building, project design and budget management.
- Experience in working with and coordinating with the UN, donors, INGOs and other stakeholders.
- Strong writing and analytical skills, including ability to communicate technical matters to a range of audiences.
- Competent in Windows, MS office programs, emails and relevant health database (HMIS, DHIS etc.).
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Mature and structured approach to project and team management.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل