Job Title: Office Cleaner
Band/ Level / Grade: 10C
Department: Operations / Support
Location: Yemen | Hodeida
Overtime Eligible: Per local law
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
The cleaner is responsible for ensuring that the IRC facilities is clean and tidy for IRC staff, ensuring that IRC spaces are appropriately organized; and providing support to logistics functions that the staff need.
- Cleaning the inner and outer patio of the office and guesthouse; as well as the corridors in the building.
- Gather and empty trash every day By Collection of waste from the waste bin of the offices, guesthouse and kitchen and throwing them out in the assigned places.
- Clean building floors and walls, and clean toilets and check their cleanliness every 30 minutes.
- Sweep outside balconies, including open area and terrace in front the offices daily.
- Clean the premise surrounding once in a week.
- Notify administration when materials are running low so that they can be ordered accordingly.
- Cleaning kitchens and floors, dishes and refrigerator.
- Cleaning and polishing furniture and offices
- Clean windows and glass using appropriate cleaning tools
- Report any missing items from office supplies or items.
- Report any maintenance issues immediately to line manager,
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisors.
Positive attitudes and behaviors:
- A positive attitude towards staff.
- Ability to handle equipment used in cleaning
- Ability to walk, bend, push, pull and lift repetitively during working hours
- Honesty, integrity and personal ethics.
- Initiative, high energy and persistence to get the job done.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: HR Admin Assistant
Position directly supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts: N/A
- Secondary School.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar position.
- Arabic is the mother tongue. English is a plus
Position Based: Hodeida
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
How to Apply
- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/19977?c=rescue
- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
- Deadline for Applying: Sep 23, 2021. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M, Sep 23, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل