Nursing Team Supervisor This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
VACANCY: Nursing Team Supervisor
Position status: Full-time
Location: Ad Dahi, Hudaydah
Contract duration: 1 year with possible renewal
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning nursing and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to nursing i.e. perform as a nurse or anaesthetist, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures, and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry out and/or supervise the ( decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.) in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-taking.
- Give feedback/ reports to medical focal point.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Capacity building for nurses focal point in PHC and Catch up training in collaboration with paediatrician and HN,
- Liaise with HP supervisor to coordinate the training of the 2 CHW,
- Ensure the proper follow-up of the referrals i.e on call for the PHCs, check the criteria’s, make sure all patients are coming with the referral paper
- Participate in medical meetings and report to external activities.
Education Essential: Speciality (nurse or anaesthetist) diploma.
Essential: 2 years of experience in a similar position. Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s and in developing countries is desirable. High Requirement: Emergency nursing experience, capacity building.
Languages Essential: English and Arabic language
Knowledge Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Stress management
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل