Risk & Compliance Coordinator ( Re-advertised) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Risk & Compliance Coordinator ( Re-advertised)
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.
DRC Yemen’s response
Throughout its nine field offices and a workforce of 450 staff, DRC upholds its main programmatic objectives to provide immediate and life sustaining assistance, to strengthen the protective environment, and to reduce displacement related risks and vulnerabilities by promoting self-reliance at household and community level.
Overall purpose of the role
Risk & Compliance Coordinator will ensure DRC is aligned with DRC internal policies, donor requirements and local laws. The position will actively promote and support a culture of compliance, risk identification & risk management across all departments. The Risk & Compliance Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of a set of controls to ensure compliance with DRC procedures and quality standards is a central purpose of the role. This includes identifying weaknesses in the application of controls and recommend action to address this situation.
- Conduct spot checks and compliance review of key risk areas of operations and programs in consultation with SMT.
- Based on DRC operation/program handbook as well as donor and legal regulations, develop tools and methods for independent, systematized compliance checks on high-risk functions/areas.
- Develop and implement system to regularly asses and report on compliance with legal requirements
- Develop a periodic compliance reporting mechanism & provide regular reports to CO SMT.
- Assess the effectiveness of existing risk and compliance control measures to identify and mitigate risks and non-compliance.
- Based on Compliance checks & reports develop organizational wide targeted improvement plans including a suite of tools that improve control measures and organization understanding of donor regulations & relevant DRC policies.
- Be the focal point for risk management & ensure effective implementation of risk management framework across the operations
- Lead training initiatives relating to Risk Management
- Lead discussion on risks regularly in SMT/E-SMT meetings & regularly monitor progress on implementation of response plan in risk register
- Support CO in development of operational risk registers and risk registers of particular projects at proposal stage; support the development of action plan for risk management
- Lead trainings related to CoC, CoCRM, RM and compliance across the country operations
- Support management in increasing the awareness and visibility of accountability mechanism of DRC.
- In coordination with other stakeholders ensure the Accountability Improvement Plans are regularly updated & progress is monitored
- Be part of the CoCRM process and undertake COC and management investigations when required
- Conduct or direct internal administrative investigations of compliance issues in coordination with code of conduct intake committee.
- Advise Senior Management on gaps identified thorough internal and external audit reports.
- Ensure the DRC internal policies are in accordance with country laws and are being followed; also ensure NGO laws is followed up by all sectors of DRC (program and support)
- Liaise with DRC lawyer with regard to legal cases; updating senior management and country director as required.
- Work closely with M&E Manager to ensure that appropriate accountability mechanisms are in place
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 3 years of experience in Audit, Risk Management or Compliance role
- Understanding of the local laws and sensitivity to the socio-cultural context
- Desirable: Experience in Humanitarian sector will have an added advantage
- Experience and use of tools and systems for risk management and compliance
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with a well-developed ability to motivate and persuade at high levels;
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking ability;
- Proven ability to work effectively with others to achieve results;
- University degrees (Bachelors or Masters)
- Certification of CIA, CRM, CISA, CPA will have advantage
- English language (Fluent)
- Arabic language (considered an advantage)
Contract length: one year contract with possible of extension based on fund and performance.
Work place: Sana'a
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates or National ; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level (NMG).
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل