Risk Education Agent This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
TITLE: RISK EDUCATION AGENT
Sector: Humanitarian Mine Action Division MO
The position is based in Al Mokha
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict, and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions, promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Under the direct responsibility of the Project Supervisor, the Explosive Ordnance Risk Education Agent (EORE Agent) is responsible to deliver quality EO Risk Education awareness sessions in the defined project location. The EORE Agent is also responsible for gathering relevant EORE information from the field and updating the technical teams on adjustment to be made on IEC materials or awareness session materials.
Line Manager: Project Supervisor
Line Manager+1: Project Manager
Team Managed: None
Strong functional link with Risk Education Technical Specialist and Technical Officer, Inclusion and Health teams
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
1. Project Management
- Participate to the elaboration of the team planning established by the Project Supervisor, according to the project objectives and priorities, and taking into account security issues.
- Actively participate in the team’s daily and weekly meeting.
- In advance reporting to the Project Supervisor all needs in equipment and tools identified on the field.
2. Project Implementation
- Provide Risk Education awareness sessions to Yemeni civilians, including IDPs and refugees, including identification of explosive ordnance and safe/risky behaviors.
- Collect data on the field to inform programming (including survey/impact assessment, dangerous areas and victims/accidents) when required.
- Carry out marking of dangerous areas where explosive ordnance have been located and filling of relevant IMSMA (Information Management System for Mine Action) reporting forms.
- Liaise with communities in explosive ordnance impacted areas as requested by the Project Supervisor.
- Participate in the elaboration, testing and dissemination of Information, Educational and Communication (IEC) materials to support EORE activities, including identification of new IEC needs.
- Contribute in the assessment of the needs for EORE in the community.
- Participate to the organization of public awareness campaign linked with EO Risk Education.
- Ensure that all EORE sessions are conducted to a high-quality standard in line with the International Mine Action Standards (IMAS) with the support of the Project Supervisor
- Report any specific problems that jeopardize the activities and suggest solutions to your line manager.
- Handover all the data collected in the field to the Project Supervisor for entry and analysis on regular basis.
- Ensure data collected is accurate and, correct as necessary.
- Write a weekly report on all activities during the week and provide it to your line manager.
- Ensure strict application of all security rules and procedures, under the supervision of the Project Supervisor.
- Inform your line manager of any security/safety issues faced on the field by the team.
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
- University degree in social work or a related field.
- Excellent Arabic (oral and written). English is an advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience.
- Previous experience with international or local NGOs desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to speak in public and present to large groups.
- High capacity to organise work and manage priorities.
- Reliable to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and humanitarian values
Yemen mission takes place in a sensitive environment regarding security of Handicap International staff and assets. Handicap International employee commits to observe utmost respect of personal and professional ethics, to adhere to principles of neutrality and impartiality, and to ensure necessary levels of discretion within and outside working space. Not respecting this clause will lead to disciplinary action and have immediate dismissal as a result.
“All HI Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity - Empathy - Impartiality - Inclusivity - Courage - Hope - Humility - Audacity. In accordance with these values, HI enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest, and Anti-fraud.”
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in Mokha, with frequent movements to the field
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, remote allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل