Field M&E Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Field M&E Officer
Reports to: Health & Nutrition MEAL Specialist.
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations in order to alleviate the sufferings of the most vulnerable groups. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
Working under the supervision of the Health and Nutrition Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and learning (MEAL) Specialist, the Field M&E Officer will be based Hadhramaut and assigned to work within different districts in the same governorate. The MEAL Officer will work closely with Health and Nutrition MEAL Specialist to implement the organization M&E commitments in the specific targeted districts for the health project, improve program quality through improving data management systems and processes. The position will support measurement in the Field Office. The MEAL Officer will lead day to day M&E tasks arising in the field Office and providing technical support to ensure the effective implementation of projects.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of project results.
- Develop projects Indicator trackers and MEAL plans in collaboration with H&N MEAL Specialist.
- Conduct the activities outlined in the project’s MEAL work Plan.
- Ensure regular follow-up and progress reporting on project indicator trackers and MEAL plans to the H&N MEAL specialist.
- Developing and creating of internal monitoring, assessment and reporting templates.
- Promote monitoring, evaluations and audits as means of guiding.
- Use different qualitative and quantitate methods of data collection including structured/ semi structured interviews, key informant interviews, in-depth interviews, group discussions, focus group discussions and direct observations as MEAL tools.
- Monitor the activities and services conducted by the EMMT.
- Conduct field visit to the supported EMMT and monitor if they are working in alignment of the movement plan.
- Conduct field visits to collect information from the beneficiaries’ households and other stakeholders and ensure data collection is conducted on time and in accordance with the data collection plan.
- Make sure that all medicines and supplies are dispensed based on the endorsed mechanism.
- Perform post service monitoring in monthly basis to ensure that the project services accessible by all the vulnerable groups.
- Develop and use key qualitative tools (observation checklists, guide for group discussion and interviews) for monitoring purposes.
- Design simple and complex questionnaire using XLS or form builder (Kobo form builder, ONA form builder, etc.)
- Communicate clearly the findings of monitoring activities and reviews against targets set by the project.
- Adhere to key concepts and commitments regarding accountability to affected populations (AAP), including IASC CAAP, CHS, and Sphere Humanitarian Charter.
- Preparing and sorting received documents and identifying forms that need to be entered which are related to MEAL unit.
- Train HF’s focal points on data record and entry of the required statistical datasets.
- Provide technical guidance when needed to ensure effective and accurate registration of the statistics in HFs.
- Monthly or when required, open the complaint box and provide signed- opening minutes.
- In collaboration with the project team, identify and document programmatic successes, best practices, challenges, means of verification and lessons learned.
- Preparing monthly M&E report according to work plan reflecting the project progress, achievements in the project, and challenges.
- Ensure project indicators are met, meeting beneficiaries to get their feedback about service rendered.
- Regularly conduct/analyze/report PDM, PSM, Onsite distribution monitoring and any other monitoring and evaluation studies.
- Sensitize beneficiaries of the complaint and feedback mechanism (CFM).
- Responsible for appropriate follow up of all the program supplies and ensure proper record keeping adhere to the organisation logistics procedures, accountability policies and preventing spoilage and stock out, and report if deviations occur
- Make sure that CFM have been set in place through efficient channels.
- Responsible of complaints and recommendations receiving, recording and follow-up FCM channels.
- Perform other relevant tasks as required by the H&N MEAL Specialist.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree is required preferably in Statistics, Development studies, Health or other relevant degree.
- Experience with Nutrition program, including CMAM approach.
- Strong computer skills required. Successful candidates will have an excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word processing.
- Familiarity with Monitoring & Evaluation/ project management is desired.
- Good oral and writing skills in English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل