Health Supervisor This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
National Staff Position
Position: Health Supervisor – Hajja
Job site: Hajja – with 2 days per week field visits to rural districts in Hajja
Report to: Health and Nutrition project manager
Supervises: health and nutrition teams at facility level and community health volunteers teams
Starting date: 1 September 2022
INTERSOS is an Italian humanitarian NGO founded in 1992 to work towards a world of equality, justice, peace and solidarity, where all have the responsibility to unconditionally help people to live in dignity and safety, alleviating suffering and meeting their needs. The mission of INTERSOS is to help people, families and communities in areas most hit by crisis around the world providing solidarity to populations in life threatening situations, in situations of famine and suffering resulting from extreme poverty, natural and man-made disaster. INTERSOS adheres to international codes of conduct for humanitarian organisations and the values and principles expressed within those codes. INTERSOS has a long-standing presence in Yemen, having been in the country since 2008. Since May 2015, INTERSOS has been implementing health and nutrition projects in Yemen based on both mobile and static approach to strengthen and complement the integrated essential health and nutrition services disrupted by the conflict.
Purpose / Objectives:
The health supervisor is in charge of the activity coordination, reporting and supervision for an integrated health and nutrition project in Hajja.
- Provide technical support for the implementation of the health and nutrition and mobilization activities
- Provide for training needs to medical staff and community health workers, planning and implementation of relevant training especially in the clinical management of childhood diseases, maternal health, First Aid and TRIAGE emergency care.
- Organize initial and on-job training for staff on emergency intervention and First Aid protocols
- Organize smooth project supplies; ordering, stocking, and distribution and monitoring of consumption and weekly and monthly reporting on consumption
- Planning and following with health facility staff and CHVs to reach services in good and professional manner
- Supervise collection and compilation of project data in geographic area of responsibility, and ensure meticulous and timely reporting
- Compile the data collected from the field to be submitted to the Project Manager
- Submit weekly/monthly statistics and narrative report to the Project Manager
- Support assessments/surveys, monitoring and evaluation of the project
- Maintain good and positive contacts with MOH, local authorities, and community leaders to ensure their involvement in project activities
- Any additional duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Assist the logistician in procurement of drug/medical supply/medical equipment and ambulance materials by providing specification for requested items
- Provide regular supervision of supported health facility staff and community health workers including data collection/records of beneficiaries and project activities, as well as timely implementation and reaching targets according to project objectives
- Provide regular updates and reports to Project Manager and others as required
- Provide data, and success stories to enrich reports for both internal and external use
- Organize and conduct joint multifunctional team monitoring visits
- Monitor project implementation and ensure accurate, timely data collection
- Ensure linkages and integration of community mobilization activities and health facility services
- Maintain project files
- Bachelor’s degree in health sciences is required.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience at least
- Work experience in Health as emergency response projects is preferable.
- Previous experience working for an international NGO.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
- Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken. Ability to write reports in English is required.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل