Field Officer (Psychotherapist) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Field Officer (Psychotherapist)
Position: Field Officer (Psychotherapist)
Reports to: Project Coordinator (Health & Nutrition)
Travel: frequent field visits to targeted districts in Al Mahwit and Hajjah governorates
Duration: Till June 15, 2022. Renewable based on fund availability and performance.
Note: Position is open for Yemeni Nationals only.
Relief International is a humanitarian and development non-profit agency that provides emergency relief, rehabilitation, and development assistance to communities worldwide. RI partners with communities in fragile settings to save lives and build resilience, dignity, and long-term well-being. All communities in fragile settings can achieve long-term well-being.
The Field Officer (Psychotherapist) works with clients who are affected by difficulties such as depression, phobias, stress, anxiety, emotional and relationship problems, physical or psychosomatic disorders and behavioral problems. The Psychotherapist works under direct supervision of the Project Coordinator (Health & Nutrition), as well as technical oversight of the Health and Nutrition Technical Advisor. He/she will collaborate with the Field Officers (Mental Health) and support the capacity building and technical oversight of supported Health Facilities (HF) -based MHPSS services providers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess clients, utilizing the relevant assessment tools;
- Provide individual or couples, group and family counselling services to clients as necessary;
- Facilitate support groups;
- Develop and implement personalized treatment plans with clients and make modifications as necessary;
- Provide reports, and other progress reports, as needed;
- Ensure the timely and thorough documentation of cases in the RI database;
- Provide in-home counselling sessions as necessary;
- Provide crisis intervention and follow up support as necessary;
- Develop creative interventions based on needs presented by clients or community;
- Maintain updated case files for all clients;
- Plan, monitor and oversee the implementation of MHPSS related activities, implemented through the Field Officers (Mental Health);
- Support the development of guidance documents, operational procedures, case studies, models and other materials related to mental health and psychosocial support for internal and external dissemination;
- Support the development and implementation of staff wellbeing initiatives (as per RI duty of care policies);
- Support development, monitor implementation, and analysis of mental health assessment tool for use with field offices and team to evaluate the level of mental health capacity per facility;
- Support the development and implementation of mental health workshops for external stakeholders and mental health for clinical staff in HF’s as needed, provides mental health technical support to the Yemen program;
- Support the development of training and awareness materials on mental health for staff at the service delivery points, awareness teams and other RI Yemen program components.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in mental health, psychology, social work, counseling or related field with post-licensure experience particularly in one of the four specializations: Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Social work (with additional psychological therapy qualification), Psychiatry (with additional psychological therapy qualification).
- At least 3 years of full-time practical experience in mental health, counseling, or clinical social work in a government agency or community-based organization.
- Experience with emergency mental health/crisis interventions.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of global mhGAP guidelines and best practices, including mhGAP approaches in low resource and humanitarian contexts.
- Research and/or monitoring experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems.
- Proficiency in Excel, SPSS, or another statistical analysis software preferred.
- Excellent oral and written Arabic language communication skills required, with advanced proficiency in oral and written English will be desirable.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence as well as “Do No Harm.” We value:
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل