Senior National Project Specialist
Senior National Project Specialist
Job Posting: 22/Sep/2022
Closure Date: 07/Oct/2022, 12:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: FNYAR - FAO Representation in Yemen Arab Republ.
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Yemen-Sana'A
Duration: 12 Months
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
FAO's office for Yemen is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing countrywide food, agriculture and rural development priorities under Yemen. It develops and maintains relations with the relevant Ministries at country level. This position is based in FAO Representation in Sanaa, Yemen. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The Senior National Project Specialist will be under the overall supervision the FAO Representative in Yemen, general supervision of Head of Program and the direct supervision of the Senior Field Program officer.
The Senior National Project Specialist in close coordination with technical staff will ensure a timely and effective implementation of project activities under ARD unit
Tasks and responsibilities
- Promote understanding of key deliverables and strategies of the projects /program under the unit by various stakeholders (project technical/ steering committees, line ministries at different level, technical staff etc.)
- Facilitate development of work plan of project under the unit in consultation with technical team and ensure its timely implementation
- Facilitate the preparation of Letters of Agreement (LOAs) for various implementing partners and facilitate its implementation in coordination with technical staff of the unit including delivery of inputs to beneficiaries and payments are processed within the stipulated time.
- Follow up with other relevant units within FAO Yemen (Operations, Finance, Logistics, etc.) to support processes required for project implementation in line with established guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Liaise with technical officers and consultants to ensure timely delivery of trainings to implementing partners, line ministries, CBO, agro-business enterprises, farmers field Schools, beneficiaries etc. and ensure that all aspects of trainings are well documented
- Contribute in the preparation of various project reports, lessons learned and success stories in coordination with technical staff
- Liaise with relevant national organizations and partners, and support communication, coordination and collaboration.
- Contribute to harmonization of the implementation approaches, coordination and cross linkages program/ project activities under the unit
- Organize the various coordination platform meetings and act as Secretary of the meetings;
- Perform other related duties assigned by the Supervisor
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced University degree in Rural Development, Project Management, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years working experience working on programmes supporting agriculture sector in Yemen.
- Working knowledge of English and full proficiency in Arabic.
- National of Yemen.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Technical knowledge in either dry land crop production, livestock production or value chain is desirable
- Good interpersonal and networking skills with partners at all levels (ministry, NGOs and local community based organizations);
- Skills in monitoring capacity development activities of project
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
- Extensive experience in project management.
- Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a technical / competency-based interview.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from FAO
Food Security Senior Analyst - Sana'aDeadline:26 Sep | Sana'a
Food Security Senior Analyst - AdenDeadline:26 Sep | Aden
National Livestock Value Chain SpecialistDeadline:08 Oct | Sana'a
National Environmental SpecialistDeadline:06 Oct | Sana'a
Environmental Safeguards AssistantDeadline:06 Oct | Aden