Logistics, Procurement Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Job Title: Logistics, Procurement Officer
- Grade: D1
- Organizational Unit: Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS)
- Report To: Logistics Coordinator, Project Coordinator
- Duty Station: YRCS HQ
- Duration of Assignment: 6 Months
- Terms of employment: Employment is full time according to YRCS guidelines
1. BACKGROUND AND CONTEXT
Since 2007, the Danish Red Cross (DRC) has been working in Yemen in a strong bilateral partnership with the YRCS. The partnership has supported the organization's branch development, as well as its operations in health, psychosocial support (PSS), disaster management/preparedness and WASH. DRC is currently leading the implementation of DG ECHO funded PROGRAMMATIC PARTNERSHIP PROGRAMME (PPP) focusing in health and WASH in two governorates (Sayon and Dhamar) with the support of other movement partners (GRC, NRC, IFRC and YRCS). The Logistics and Procurement Officer will be responsible to ensure effective development and implementation of the key support functions including administration, fleet management, logistics, and procurement.
Under the supervision of YRCS logistic/procurement Coordinator, the Logistic/procurement Officer will be responsible on support overall admin and logistics management of the program. S/he will ensure DONOR/PARTNER logistic procedure is strictly implemented and all files related to program is well documented.
3. KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with Finance/Accountant Officer, responsible for development and management of contracts and payments (service contracts, short term employee contracts, per-diem, consultancy fee etc.).
- Monitor all services and their payments (use of mobiles and telephones, fax, email, photocopy etc.).
- Participate in weekly staff coordination meeting, and other relevant meetings, when required.
- Daily administration of office and vehicle for the program.
- To provide extended administrative support to program meetings and workshops as necessary including arrangement of transportation/flight ticket, hotel, provisions of stationaries, per diem for participants, etc.
- Ensure effective filing system and maintenance of asset and inventory lists.
- Maintain office equipment and ensure regular service checks and repairs.
3.2. Logistics (Procurement and Fleet Management):
- Contribute in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of procurement, purchasing, logistics and distribution directives, rules and guidelines, in order to achieve the most cost- effective processes for program.
- Ensure that DONOR/PARTNER logistic and procurement procedures are followed including stock management with suitable tracking systems.
- Ensure quality control systems are in place.
- In coordination with the Finance/Accountant Officer to ensure that payments to vendors are made on-time and without any unnecessary strain.
- Establish filing systems/archives according to organization standards in all offices with regards to logistics issues.
- Manage and execute procurement of goods and services required for the organization following the guiding principles “Best Value for Money, Transparency, Accountability, Equal and Fair competition”
- Pro-actively work with program team. To identify major procurement plan development.
- Support to procure program related items.
- Ensure the proper management of vehicles purchased/rent by program including its papers, regular maintenance, daily use, effective fuel usage etc. in accordance to fleet regulation of DONOR/PARTNER.
- Manage in co-operation with the Finance/Accountant Officer all financial issue related to the Fleet/Transport Department and ensure economical and efficient usage of the assets.
- Generate reports on fuel consumption, mileage, maintenances and repairs done for vehicles. Reporting incident/accidents as per fleet procedures.
- Support ware house, transportation, distribution and handling of items in coordination with program staff.
- Participate in periodic reviews, audits and evaluations, when requested.
- Other tasks assigned by the line manager.
4. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
- University education in business administration/social science, logistics or similar knowledge learned.
- Ensure and maintain the core competencies required to implement the tasks (a high degree of accountability, commitment to YRCS capacity building, a high level of technical capacity to ensure results and working effectively in teams and sharing knowledge and best practices through good communication skills).
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in admin and logistic department.
- Experience in humanitarian/development field working with international partners.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks (good time management skills).
- Fluently spoken and written in English.
- Good computer skills.
- A valid driving license.
5. PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Good organizational skills.
- Cooperative attitude.
- Flexibility to adjust to the organizational needs and constraints, and to the needs of the recipients.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and good motivator.
- Ability to deal with complex situations.
- Familiar with cross-cultural cooperation.
- Open and honest.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل