MEAL Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: MEAL Officer,
Location: Taiz ,
Reports to :
- Technically: MEAL Manager
- Directly: Area Manager
Contract Duration: Till Dec , 2022 with extension based on Fund Availability and Performance
Deadline: 14th of August 2022
About TYF :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-governmental and non-profit making. TYF seeks to support socio-economic interventions to create and secure adequate livelihood opportunities for members of society, and enable them to thrive, grow and participate in making immediate and long-term change, allowing everyone to live in peace and competence. TYF launched its Strategic Plan, covering broader development areas, targeting a larger segment of society and building on the alignment of humanitarian response, development and peace.
TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in, Food Security, Health, Nutrition, Shelter, CCCM , WASH, Protection, Education and Empowerment,
2- Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
The role of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer is to support better performance and greater accountability by implementing evidence-based program management at the field level, in order to guide and improve performance.
Under the technical supervision of the MEAL Manager and direct supervision of the Area Manager, The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Officer is responsible for the provision of an effective undertaking of day-to-day implementation of the program/project's full-cycle MEAL work plan, activities, and deliverables, and achieving and improving the quality and performance of the program/project to be aligned with its objectives. Also, s/he will Performe all MEAL activities and outputs/délivrables for the Project in the governorate. S/he is responsable for the developement of program/project M&E systems, ensuring quality and accountability standards are integrated and implemented into the regular MEAL activities, implementing learning plans/activities, implementing evaluation and assessment processes, tracking program progress on results and indicators, generating reports and monitoring mechanisms to the program/project and MEAL Unit managements, and providing direct and technical support in all field-related monitoring, data collection, analysis, assessments, surveys, and accountability.
4- Responsibilities/Task Description:
• General Considerations and tasks:
- Comply with TYF’s guidance and procedures, particularly Code of Conduct, PSEA, Child Protection, Safety and Security, and other relevant policies.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of TYF MEAL systems and policies.
- Ensure the respect of the principle of confidentiality (especially toward beneficiaries) and not to disclose any information acquired by performing her/his duties.
- Report any incident or act that causes any harm to a beneficiary or to others
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other departments of the organization
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
• MEAL activities quality, planning, and coordination:
- Work with TYF’s Senior MEAL Unit staff, and the Program/Project/Area Manager(s) in preparing program/project MEAL plans, indicators performance tracking tables (IPTT), and M&E tools/methodologies to enhance project quality in line with the projects action plans and budgets.
- Develop and implement planned MEAL system for the program/project according to quality standards established by TYF through quality monitoring checklists and ensuring community participation.
- Establish coordination and information systems with Senior MEAL Unit Staff, program/project team, and project partners and key stakeholders, particularly those responsible for monitoring and evaluation.
- Raise Purchase Requests and prepare payment requests along with the supporting documents for the program/ project-related M&E activities, then follow-up on their approval by liaising with Finance and Operation Departments, and keep updated tracker, this includes MEAL Unit supplies.
- Be responsible for the direct and technical supervision and mentoring of the MEAL Unit Assistants and Data Entry Clerks of the program/project in executing MEAL plans.
• Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E):
- Draft the SoW for the need assessments, baseline, final evaluation of the programs/projects, as well as other surveys and assessments whenever requested.
- Designing and conducting the need assessments, as well as other assessments, including mainly baseline, endline, PDM, and ODM, according to the program/project designed activities. Also, conducting annual project reviews, and final evaluation.
- Track and monitor outputs and expected results of ongoing projects/programs with regular updating of indicator tracking matrixes, collecting activities’ Means of Verifications (MoVs), as well as the extent of completion of various activities and present findings to MEAL manager, MEAL senior officer, and/or Program/Project Manager and Area Manager.
- Ensure and examine the appropriateness and consistency of the implementation of project M&E plan and tools and to support the projects/programs manager(s) in the review/revision of it when necessary, and assess possible improvements based on lessons learned, best practices, technical advances…etc.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to the projects sites to assess progress, identify challenges, gathers feedback from the beneficiaries and submit a detailed report about the activities to the MEAL officer along with the corrected actions
- Evaluate the access to TYF activities for vulnerable legitimate beneficiaries and ensure the identification of potential barriers that might hinder access to services.
- Assess the beneficiaries’ satisfaction with regards to the project’ activities.
- Assess potential negative impacts of TYF interventions on the community or potentially vulnerability-creating situations.
• Accountability and Learning.
- Lead on accountability activities, including the development and use of information materials and the establishment of a pilot complaints response mechanism with support from MEAL Coordinator.
- Establish and implement proper and comprehensive Complaints-Feedback and referral Mechanism (CFM) for program/project where each complainant is properly listened and responded to according to TYF CFM guidelines, as well as the collection, management, analysis and integration of lessons learned.
- Develop and implement a monthly accountability plan in selected areas of intervention
- Design and implement, under the supervision of the MEAL senior staff, studies, assessments and learning in coordination and cooperation with sectors’ technical coordinators and program/project staff.
- Be responsible for complaint boxes and visibility items implementation at field level ensuring they are in place and maintained, and that information submitted by phone/hotline or email is entered promptly into the database.
- Ensure cross-cutting themes such as sex, age, gender equality, inclusion, protection, PSEA…etc. are embedded within the design of data collection tools.
- Supervise the daily operations to monitor any complaints/feedback, visions and impressions of the beneficiaries in order to achieve the maximum efficiency and effectiveness in providing humanitarian assistance in terms of cost and ability to submit feedback to improve services, report problems and follow-up on their solution immediately.
- Check the MEF (Monitoring & Evaluation Findings) and follow up TPM Issues that reached the MEF system (Monitoring & Evaluation Findings) and closed by project staff.
• Information Management, data collection, entry, and analysis:
- Support the data entry team in entering the data collected by the field team in the database on electronic version according to the activities and tools ongoing, and ensuring proper analysis, accuracy, and validity of the data.
- Coach/train and build the capacity of program/project teams to collect and manage their relevant data regularly providing them the necessary results-oriented M&E trainings to improve performance and accountability on quantitative and qualitative data collection methods.
- Design pre-testing of the data collection tools and design information management systems (PIRS, Data-information flow and SOPs) resulting from MEAL activities, such as progress reports, databases, and CFM reports.
- Be responsible for data analysis and compilation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc program/project data and reports.
- Provide, in collaboration with the Information Management Officer(s), the weekly report on the quantity of data entered as well as providing weekly and monthly reports on data and ensuring proper design, formulation, coding, and utility of beneficiaries’ database.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and assist in proposing strategies to increase data and information quality and use.
• Reporting, Communication, Archiving, and Representation:
- Generate and prepare timely and high-quality reports according to defined methodology and schedule (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, final, assessments, ODM/PDMs, baseline and endline surveys reports, accountability reports, statistical charts, KAP reports, AAR reports …etc.), and other documentation as required.
- Contribute to the development of donor reports (e.g., analysis and interpretation of project data).
- Contribute to the development of internal reports (e.g. ODM/PDM reports) and presentation of findings/learnings to relevant team members.
- Maintain integrity and organization of monitoring documents (including MoVs) and collaborate in their capitalization and archiving.
- Maintain the archiving and documentation system of the MEAL unit updated (ensure that all the documents of the program/project are properly kept and hardcopy filed in the office).
- Regularly collate and document lessons learned and share best practices in data collection, M&E with projects/programs staff and/or external stakeholders after the approval of MEAL Manager.
- Prepare and collect communication products e.g. photos, short videos, documentaries, success stories, snapshots, case studies, human interest stories…etc. as detailed in the organization communications guidelines.
- In coordination with the communication/media department, write and compile public awareness products such as, brochures, newsletters, posters, etc.
- Participate in the preparation of the required documents whenever requested for the internal and/or external monitoring (e.g. donor’s-assigned Third Party Monitoring Agency (TPM))
- Represent TYF at relevant sector/cluster and inter-agency meetings (whenever requested).
• Critical interfaces
By interfaces, TYF means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- MEAL Manager.
- Information Management Officer.
- Program/project Manager(s) and Advisors.
- Program/project manager(s).
Requirements: (Educational Qualification and Experience) :
Bachelor’s-level or a degree in social sciences, public health, statistics, or international development, with experience or background in M&E, epidemiology, public health, and health information management.
Key qualities, Skills, and Competences:
- Minimum of 5 years of applied experience with a humanitarian organization in designing, implementing and overseeing monitoring and evaluation tasks.
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams and building staff capacity within complex programming.
- Experience with M&E approaches for key donors such as USAID/BHA, ECHO, EU, DfID, GAC, UN etc.
- Experience in database design and other tools for information management like DHIS2.
- Experience in use of qualitative and quantitative software for data analysis.
- Experience with mobile data collection platform.
Desirable qualities, Skills, and Competences:
- Able to identify gaps in staff knowledge of MEAL concepts and skills and provide training in these topics.
- Possess the skills to write full narrative reports (needs assessments, internal reviews, progress reports) and executive summaries.
- Demonstrated understanding of data protection and confidentiality as part of data collection and management practices, and ability to respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- High-level proficiency in Arabic and English (Speaking – Reading – Writing).
- Possess skills in mobile data collection software such as Ona, KoboToolBox.
- Communicate the organizational goals to the team.
- Support innovation and organizational change when needed.
- Have analytical, conceptual, and strategic thinking skills.
- Build collaborative relationships and foster teamwork.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل