Learning & Development Implementer
Position FOR LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT IMPLEMENTER
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International, independently funded, non-profit, humanitarian medical organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural and manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflict without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSFH is pleased to announce the following position based in Aden with frequent field visits to the projects including Coordination -Sanaa:
Job Title: LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT IMPLEMENTER
Code: AS03700 A
Level: 8 (E)
Position in the Organization
Report to (hierarchical): Learning and Development (L&D) Manager
Report to (functional) : Learning and Development (L&D), Manager
Job Family: HR & FIN
Responsible of the implementation, the grounding and the consistency in the execution of the mission specific L&D Strategy by the implementation of tools and activities, which are in line with the established standard.
- Promote the learning and development mission specific strategy with related activities and tools.
- Implement the learning needs assessments logic within the mission by assisting the manager in execution of the process.
- Implement tools and monitoring system to enhance the application of learning within the mission.
- Give guidance to coordinators/supervisors/activity managers on L&D activities and tools.
- Develop / adapt / update training curriculum, training manuals, handouts and other training materials accordingly.
- Implement plan to enhance the capacities and expertise of Trainers within the mission.
- Facilitate and deliver training courses when required.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
L&D Tools, Procedure and Assessment
- Implementation of the learning and development mission specific strategy with related activities and tools according to plan of L&D Manager.
- Implement the learning needs assessments logic with L&D Manager.
- Contribute to prepare L&D project reports writing (monthly report and bi monthly reports) to L&D Manager.
- Prepare On-boarding program for new hire according to line manager guidelines.
- Follow-up with other departments the induction program for new staff.
- Promote the induction and onboarding program for all new NS staff within the projects.
- Update SharePoint folder with all On-boarding plans.
Performance Management System (PMS)
- Follow-up with staff their progress in PMS.
- Conduct refreshment Session on PMS according to needs.
- Ensure to upload and archive documents in SharePoint.
- Support supervisor in analysis the needs.
- Update tracking tool of the projects and share it with L&D Manager.
Mobility of Staff
- Support L&D Manager in promote of mobility of staff.
- Prepare the required documents for Mobility of Staff.
- Ensure about accommodation, travel allowance (Periderm), and Movement with admin transit.
Facilitate and Deliver Training
- Carry out supply management in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness training.
- Assist the Facilitator/Trainer in delivering training courses with all required process.
- Participate in creation of any training material developed by the departments, including translating documents into local language; perform initial editing, proofreading, and keeping the training materials available.
- Organize and coordinate the logistics and administrative activities needed for learning activities such as distribution materials, equipment requests, transport arrangements, obtaining the material approval of other partners, etc.
- Responsible for projects library and online L&D room.
- Deliver training courses when required.
- Carry out supply management (orders, follow-up of the stock, inventories, consumption, etc.) and logistical arrangement (movement, accommodation and travel allowance) plus refreshment service required based on the needs of material to facility learning and development activities.
- Work together with L&D Manager to identify projects challenges for better support and follow-up.
- Regular field visit, report and follow-up the progress to L&D Manager.
- This position is based in Aden, =>50% of the time expected to be in the field and project visit and support in south, and 50% in north coordination according to need by line manager.
- Any other Tasks related to Learning and Development assigned by his/her Manager to effectively develop and implement MSF programs.
- The above listed responsibilities / tasks subjected to revision anytime depending on the evolving department structures and activities.
Staff are not allowed to chew QAT during working hours. Under no circumstances are firearms/weapons allowed in MSF vehicles or on MSF premises. The above-mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and staff may be assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by their line manager.
- Degree in HR or in a field, which is related to didactical or educational psychology.
- Working experience of at least 1 year in Learning and Development sector.
- Desirable previous working experience in MSF or other NGO in developing countries.
- Essential English and Arabic language.
- Knowledge of Learning in general
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Knowledge of staff development tools and strategies
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Team work
- Stress Management
How to Apply
All applicants should submit an application letter in English (explaining relevant experience and motivation), CV, Copies of relevant Degrees, recommendation letters, Copy of Yemeni National ID Card by email to:
– Applicants must put “LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT IMPLEMENTER “ in the subject line.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2022
- NO transportation and NO per diems will be provided during recruitment procedure.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and dates for exams/tests and interviews will be communicated with them after the closing date.
- Applicants who will not submit an identity card will not be selected for the test
- Applicants from the same area are preferred.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل