Data Entry Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Job Title: Data Entry Assistant
- Location: Ibb
- Reports to/Position Title: Meal Officer
- Application Deadline : 2nd of December 2022
About TYF :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-governmental and non-profit making. TYF seeks to support socio-economic interventions to create and secure adequate livelihood opportunities for members of society, and enable them to thrive, grow and participate in making immediate and long-term change, allowing everyone to live in peace and competence. TYF launched its Strategic Plan, covering broader development areas, targeting a larger segment of society and building on the alignment of humanitarian response, development and peace. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in, Food Security, Health, Nutrition, Shelter, CCCM , WASH, Protection, Education and Empowerment
2- Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
Under the direct supervision of the MEAL assistant (or as assigned by the MEAL Unit Coordinator/Manager), the Data Entry Clerk is responsible for reporting and processing data in terms of entering to the agreed-upon computerized system database(s) often from hardcopies or softcopies documents. S/he will ensure that all data collected by project teams are entered into the appropriate database, analyzed and well protected. S/he will maintain accurate and up to date information regarding project(s), location(s), surveys, indicators, and all program participants and beneficiaries. Information will span numerous program activities and various databases will require simultaneous management. S/he must have competent IT, data entry skills, and office experience as well as a high level of attention to detail, and effective organizational and communication skills (both written and interpersonal)
3- Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- General Considerations and tasks.
- Information Management, data collection, entry, and analysis.
- Supporting program/project and other TYF teams/departments in quality implementation of the activities.
- Reporting, Communication, and Archiving.
- Critical interfaces.
4- Responsibilities/Task Description:
General Considerations and tasks:
- Comply with TYF’s guidance and procedures particularly Code of Conduct, PSEA, Child Protection, Safety and Security, and other relevant policies.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of TYF MEAL systems and policies.
- Ensure the respect of the principle of confidentiality (especially toward beneficiaries) and not to disclose any information acquired by performing her/his duties.
- Report any incident or act that causes any harm to a beneficiary or to others
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other departments of the organization
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
Information Management, data collection, entry, and analysis:
- Establishing databases properly based on the needed information and preparing and sorting documents for data entry.
- Compile and enter beneficiaries and project information into databases on regular weekly basis from regularly collected (handwritten) data collection forms and lists of the project/program; update and revise data when details change.
- Format and clean data collected (by the project/program team) and entered, highlight inconsistencies or errors in data collection and report back to the direct supervisor.
- Resolving discrepancies in information and obtaining further information for incomplete documents.
- Provide easy to read information with proper formatting and consolidation of accurate and quality data, and report back to the direct supervisor.
- Create and maintain numerous Excel databases for different types of projects (distributions activities’ data, health facilities’ data…etc.).
- Develop and maintain a weekly/monthly cumulative database for tracking beneficiaries reached under the different interventions.
- Entering the achievement report for the worksite(s).
- Entering of baseline, midline, end-line, and PDM surveys data collected that come from the field team.
- Preparing the beneficiaries’ IDs and tokens.
- Assist in the establishment and day-to-day management of databases and monitoring systems.
- Assist in the development of databases & formatting documents if needed
- Participate in field assessments and surveys whenever requested.
Supporting program/project and other TYF teams/departments in quality implementation of the activities:
- Assist in the process to ensure data is collected and analyzed regularly (with associated reporting) to respond to agreed indicators in a standardized manner.
- Provide regular feedback and corrective measures to the project team on inconsistencies and discrepancies of the data collected in collaboration with the line supervisor
- Conduct Field visits alongside the project/program team which may include overnights in the field to conduct an on-going data collection process, interviews with beneficiary households and other stakeholders, and ensure high-quality data is collected in accordance with the agreed time plan and data collection strategy.
Reporting, Communication, and Archiving:
- Assist in preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual information management narrative reports and dashboards.
- Manage data for regular monitoring and reporting activities and provide summary analysis for reports on time.
- Compile activity reports collected from registration team leaders.
- Enter and manage data for assessments and other data collection activities, supporting the MEAL Unit.
- Preparing the project/program reconciliation report.
- Generate regular reports, store completed work in designated locations.
- Scan documents and print files, when required.
- Responding to information requests and provide basic data analysis and findings on a weekly and monthly basis to authorized staff.
- Creating data backups as part of a contingency plan and share with the line manager and IM officer.
- Archive files and organize them properly, ensure files are documented according to standards.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
By interfaces, TYF means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- MEAL Manager.
- MEAL Coordinators.
- Information Management Officer.
- MEAL Officer(s)
- Project/Program Manager(s) and Advisors
- Project/Program officer(s)
- Work closely with TYF departments’ teams to ensure integration of activities implementation measures for better control and management of the crisis.
- Establish good relationships with the different stakeholders in order to have a smooth implementation of TYF project.
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services.
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field.
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Executive Director or according to the needs.
- Because of the emergency relief nature of TYF’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees are expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل