Project Officer (CCCM) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Project Officer (CCCM) Aden/Abyan
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 39 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 20 million beneficiaries with 6,300 international and national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Ibb, Hudaydah, Raymah, AlDhalee, Saadah, AlJawf, Aden, Dhamar and Marib.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
- Position: Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) Project Officer
- Department: Program
- Location: Aden /Abyan
- Contract Type: Fixed contract
- Contract Duration: 6 months
Management of mobile CCCM team
- Devise daily and weekly workplans for mobile team activities, with the support of the CCCM Senior Officer;
- Timely reporting of problems and challenges in the sites to CCCM Senior Officer;
- Timely reporting of security and safety incidents or risks to CCCM Senior Officer / Security focal point.
Partner coordination and service monitoring
- Liaise and coordinate with all humanitarian partners and stakeholders working in the sites, on a day-to-day basis;
- Liaise and coordinate with local authorities, on a day-to-day basis;
- Monitor service provision at site level, including through observation and assessment.
Community participation and representation
- Organize and chair regular meetings between community representatives and humanitarian agencies, taking minutes of meetings and attendance sheets;
- Work with the CCCM Senior Officer to establish community committees in the sites, ensuring representation and participation of women, youth, and marginalized groups;
- Support organization of trainings to community committees, humanitarian agencies, and community members, on topics including on protection, fire response, and CCCM.
Communication with communities and accountability
- Establish and then oversee ACTED Communications with Communities (CwC) activities in the sites, including regular outreach to the community and information campaigns;
- Support community mobilization efforts or information campaigns of community representatives or other humanitarian agencies as needed;
- Support establishment of, and then implement, Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) in each of the sites, including data management, referrals, and ensuring feedback is given.
- Compile regular reporting from partners on their activities in the sites;
- Conduct and oversee regular data collection, including on service availability and standards in the sites;
- Ensure all reports and data submitted by the CCCM team are timely and accurate;
- Participate in assessment and data collection exercises as needed;
- Ensure information is shared back with partners and communities.
- Consider gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of activities;
- Promote and adhere to ACTED’s Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy;
- Promote participation and representation of women, youth, people with specific needs, and marginalised groups in all SMC and partner activities;
- Support establishment of referral mechanisms, in collaboration with protection partners
- Support vulnerable persons including through referral to protection partners, and coordination of support at specific events (e.g. distributions, registration);
- Ensure confidentiality is respected in all activities.
- Line management of CCCM Assistants.
Transparency, & compliance
- Ensure accurate record-keeping of project documentation, and timely submission of regular reporting to the CCCM Senior Officer.
- Expected to attend Aden office and report back to CCCM Senior Officer and Deputy Project Manager on weekly or bi-weekly basis, depending on the workload;
- Any additional task as requested by the line manager.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- At least 2 years’ experience in a project implementation position in an NGO;
- Excellent communication and external representation skills;
- Excellent capacity to plan, prioritize, and multitask;
- Excellent team-working skills;
- Flexible, with the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Good computer literacy, including use of smartphones and MS Office (Word and Excel);
- Good English skills, both oral and written;
- Knowledge of multi-sectoral humanitarian response, including Protection, WASH, Shelter, and emergency distribution is required;
- Experience in CCCM programming is strongly preferred;
- Experience in Protection programming is of benefit.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from ACTED
Deputy Project Manager (WASH & Shelter)Deadline:04 Apr | Dhamar
Livelihood & Information Management Project AssistantDeadline:12 Apr | Al-Dale'a