Nurse 2 (ER/Ward Nurse) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Nurse 2 (ER/Ward Nurse)
Contract type: One year
Duty Station: Al Dhale
Number of posts: 1
The Nurse will be an integral part of the ICRC supported Hospital Project in Al Dhale Mohammed Bin Zayed Field Hospital (hereafter called Sanah Field Hospital). S/he works in partnership with mobile and resident doctors and nurses in the Emergency Room and Ward and in collaboration with the physiotherapist and supportive staff.
With the mobile ER/Ward Nurse, the Nurse supports and ensures the delivery of high-quality patient care aimed at reaching national/international standards. S/he works to build capacity in nursing care and infection control in Sanah FH. He/ she works in the Emergency Room, Ward and the Dressing Room but may be asked to perform work in the other departments.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates and delivers safe and high standard, evidence-based patient care based on relevant ICRC and national/international guidelines.
- Acts as an interpreter and translates documents to/from local languages to/from English.
- Assists the ICRC team to determine emergency surgical response, including an emergency preparedness plan.
- Participates in delivering measurable training/coaching programmes to improve the quality of patient care.
- In collaboration with hospital and ICRC staff ensures accurate data collection, analysis and reporting.
- In collaboration with hospital staff promotes a clean and safe environment and ensures that hygiene conditions are regularly measured and maintained and infection-control policies are followed in line with ICRC standards.
- Makes sure that available resources are used rationally and that supplies are reordered; ensures that equipment is properly used and maintained.
- Cooperates with and provides any relevant support to both internal and external counterparts.Scope & Impact
- To protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence inside the ICRC mandate.
- Internally, interacts with ICRC and non-ICRC staff relevant to the programme and as directed by his/her supervisor (s).
- Externally, interacts with patients and accompanying persons and could interact with hospital-related health authorities at the local level if necessary.
- Bachelor's degree/diploma in nursing or equivalent (minimum 3-year course).
- Registered nurse with a valid license to practise in his/her own country.
- Fluent Arabic skills, excellent command of English (both written and oral). Other languages an asset.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with International and/or humanitarian organizations an asset.
Professional Experience Required
- 3 to 5 years' overall work experience in a hospital, including 1 to 3 years' in emergency rooms.
- Experience in a general, orthopaedic and/or trauma ward an asset.
- Previous experience within the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of the assigned geographic area.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل