Position: MEAL Assistant
Location: Hajjah – Mustaba District
Reports to: MEAL Coordinator with close coordination with Program Manager
Travel: Visits to Hajjah office when required.
Duration: Till July 14, 2022; Renewable based on fund availability and performance.
Note: Position is open for Yemeni Nationals only.
Relief International is a humanitarian and development non-profit agency that provides emergency relief, rehabilitation, and development assistance to communities worldwide. RI partners with communities in fragile settings to save lives and build resilience, dignity, and long-term well-being. All communities in fragile settings can achieve long-term well-being.
Under the direct supervision of the MEAL coordinator, the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) assistant will provide full support to the MEAL coordinator mainly in monitoring visits, establishing and maintaining an efficient Feedback/complaint mechanism for all RI projects, carrying out routine M&E tasks & reporting, ensuring proper documentation within the MEAL department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage data collation of accurate and timely data of programme activities and consolidate against outputs indicators from Program sites.
- Monthly reporting of data in order to follow up the standard project and strategic indicators (Number of beneficiaries, number and type of activities completed)
- Data consolidation and clarification in the Excel/Access based area level on monthly basis to strict deadline.
- Completing project data reports monthly to the line manager.
- Data collection, clarification of Total Reach from area office teams by quarterly preparing report to the line manager.
- Coaching/training and building capacity of area office teams to collect and manage their relevant data regularly.
- Contribute in development of database for project and contextual data by being part of system design while working with the line manager.
- Develop and update GAP analysis in programme needed.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning.
- Ensure that the program activities are carried out according to quality standards established by RI through quality monitoring checklists.
- Assist in establishing the feedback and complaint mechanism for ongoing and new projects;
- Ensure Feedback forms received regularly from the field offices are entered promptly into the database and ensure proper follow up until case closed;
- Ensure boxes and visibility items at field level are in place and maintained and that information submitted by phone or email are entered promptly into the database;
- Provide regular reports on feedback mechanism to the MEAL coordinator;
- Assist in drafting weekly and monthly monitoring reports;
- Carry out field monitoring visits when required by the MEAL coordinator;
- Assist in rapid assessments missions, surveys and analysis as required;
- Responsible for receiving beneficiaries’ feedback and complaints via phone;
- Follow up and Compile projects/ monitoring weekly and monthly reports;
- Maintain the archiving and documentation system of the MEAL department; and
- Raise Purchase Requests and prepare payment requests and follow-up on their approval by liaising with Finance and operation Departments
- Place, follow up and expedite documents of MEAL department supplies; verify the receipt of supplies;
- Timesheet collection of the casual and nominated staff along with verification, review of documentation and payment preparation for casual staff and other volunteer staff based on the PRs and service agreements – following up on payment sheets and processes
- Ensure compliance with RI administrative standards, policies, organizational procedures and relevant SOPs, as well as with local laws and regulations
- Archive, organize and maintain the MEAL filing system based on the RI Filing System.
- Carry out other tasks as required by the MEAL coordinator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- University degree.
- Minimum 1 year experience in MEAL activities, accountability-related tasks in particular is highly preferred.
- Good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities, social and cultural constraints and realities.
- Very good command of English language (Speaking and writing skills).
- Ability to use MS. Office, MS. Excel in particular;
- Background in health and nutrition programs is preferred.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence as well as “Do No Harm.” We value:
How to Apply
Qualified candidates meeting the above Qualifications and requirements are requested to send their CVs in English to: email@example.com
before midnight of September 20, 2021 with the vacancy reference Subject: HR-21-75+ Applicant Full Name.
• لكي يتم النظر في طلبك يرجى إرسال السيرة الذاتية على العنوان:
مع مراعاة كتابة المرجع وإسم المتقدم في عنوان الإيميل كالآتي (HR-21-75 + إسمك)
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date.
Females Candidates and qualified candidates from the targeted governorates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل