Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man-made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
MISSION PHARMACY SUPPORT
Location: Coordination - Aden
Contract duration: Six months renewable
Contract type: Full time contract
Reporting to: Pharmacy Coordinator
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all pharmacy related activities in the project area including man-agement of staff, according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and the mission’s pharmacist and Medical Coordinator’s guidelines, in order to ensure the proper management and supply of drugs and medical devices.
Key of responsibilities:
- Participating actively in the definition and update of the annual planning and budgets of the pharmacy activities in the project.
- Supervising the functioning and organization of the project central pharmacy and other peripheral units, setting the protocols and procedures to be followed by all staff in order to ensure the quality of the service provided to the population, including pharmaco vigilance in case of need.
- Defining storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents) in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and the accurate handling of the products and equipment in terms of hygiene and that all hygiene and security procedures are followed in project pharmacies (cleaning, controlling pests and rodents, etc.)
- Giving support in the ordering and supply process of medicines and medical devices. Monitoring correct stock management across pharmacies within project area, to guarantee a good control and up to date data of stock levels and avoid expiries, overstocks and stock outs. Reporting on drug consumptions and medical devices dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns.
- Ensuring, in cooperation with the project logistic manager, proper maintenance of cold chain and storage conditions (e.g. humidity, temperature, light exposure, cleanliness, pest and rodents control, etc.), and that classification and organization of medicines and medical material meet MSF protocols.
- Ensuring the collection of data for monitoring and surveillance of optimal quantity quality of medicine use. Supporting activities at service level for effective drug distribution and control, quality prescription (analyzing rational drug use), medicines reconciliation, antibiotic stewardship interventions such as restricted use antibiotic review, follow up of pharmaceutical care plans, patient counselling, good dispensing practices and safe medication practices.
- Supervising, coaching, motivating and evaluating all the pharmacy staff under his/her responsibility, in order to ensure the strict respect for working procedures and protocols. Ensuring that all pharmacy staff uses required clothes and equipment according to protocols, i.e. white coat, gloves, etc.
- To define, if needed, training opportunities for the medical staff.
- Carrying out all the reporting tasks associated to his/her field of action and responsibility, ensuring its consistency and accuracy, in order to support in the relevant decision-making and participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.)
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
Position is shared between Ataq Project and Aden Coordination
Aden Coordination Accountabilities
- Representing MSF for regulatory affairs particularly for the MOH and Yemen Supreme Board of Drugs (SBD)
- Functioning as the Regulatory Affairs Pharmacist for the mission including close support to Supply for export and importation permits for medical stock
- Supporting the Mission Pharmacist/Pharmacy Coordinator on local purchases in the mission
- Support the Mission Pharmacist/Pharmacy Coordinator in medical strategic planning including EPREP, SHC and donation/loans
- Supporting the Mission Pharmacist/Pharmacy Coordinator in the approval of expired drugs destruction from Supreme Board of Drugs and medical appliances (SBDMA).
Ataq Project Accountabilities
- Supervising the functioning of pharmacies and other peripheral units e.g. EUU (ensuring quality and efficacy) including supervision of personnel under direct line management
- Defining storage and stock management including GSDP, GPP, and all other pharmacy regulations essential for the running of an efficient project pharmacy
- Giving support in the ordering and supply processes to ensure the project medical stock reflects the medical strategy
- Reporting on consumptions, data collection and unusual patterns, pharmacy activities (Sitrep)
- Supporting service level for effective quality clinical pharmacy practice
- Supervising, coaching, training, identifying and evaluating the pharmacy staff
- Participating actively in the definition and update of the annual planning, human resources and budgets of the pharmacy activities in the project.
- Ensuring the adherence to working procedures and protocols. Ensuring that all pharmacy staff uses required clothes and equipment according to protocols, i.e. white coat, gloves, etc.
- To define training opportunities for the medical staff on pharmacy related activities
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENT
- Essential: pharmacy degree (or equivalent 4-5 years diploma according to the country of origin of the pharmacist)
- Two years, of demonstrated, experience as a pharmacist required.
- Experience in MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries is desirable
- English and Arabic Language both essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3
How to Apply
Applications must be in English language. Candidates MUST submit a Cover Letter and CV. Short listed candidates will be asked to provide original copies of diplomas, copies of relevant training and work certificates, and any recommendations from previous employers to the following:
Médecins sans Frontières - Aden
Only online Application will be accepted. Please send your application
(Please in the subject of the mail precise “MISSION PHARMACY SUPPORT”)
Deadline for application: 02 October 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF-OCB (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF-OCB.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل