Accountant/Admin Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Job Title: Accountant/Admin Assistant (1)
- Grade: C3
- Organizational Unit: Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS)
- Report To: PPP project coordinator, PPP finance officer
- Duty Station: YRCS branches (Dhamar)
- Duration of Assignment: 6 Months
- Terms of employment: Employment is full time according to YRCS guidelines
Job purpose and general context:
Since 2007, the Danish Red Cross (DRC) has been working in Yemen in a strong bilateral partnership with the YRCS. The partnership has supported the organization's branch development, as well as its operations in health, psychosocial support (PSS), disaster management/preparedness and WASH. DRC is currently leading the implementation of DG ECHO funded PROGRAMMATIC PARTNERSHIP PROGRAMME (PPP) focusing in health and WASH in two governorates (Sayon and Dhamar) with the support of other movement partners (GRC, NRC, IFRC and YRCS). Working as a member of the PPP programme team of the YRCS, the Accountant/Admin assistant will ensure an effective management of finance, administration and logistics of PPP programme.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Prepare, design, document and handle all the financial files and transactions within the office;
- Assist the programme Accountant based at HQ to take appropriate financial decisions;
- Carry out various standard accounting functions on daily basis including budget management, cash disbursements, cash receipts, petty cash management, currency exchanges, bank reconciliations, and other finance related tasks for PPP programme.
- Apply all the necessary internal checks on all financial transactions and bank cheques, and petty cash closing etc.,
- Prepare and timely submit monthly and quarterly financial reports to HQ,
- Prepare bank accounts and make the necessary reconciliations,
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all financial and accounting files and transactions,
- Ensure that programs expenses are consistent with allocated budgets and that projects’ disbursements are paid on time,
- Ensure timely payment of contractors and other expenditures,
- Make all the necessary verifications and ensure that all supporting documents are available – as per established procedures and norms – before making any payment,
- Ensure proper and adequate filing system for financial documents,
- Prepare all necessary information for internal or external audits and meet their requirements.
- Report promptly on any administrative or financial irregularities encountered to the programme manager, YRCS HR and delegates.
- Actively research solution when the implementation of the activities requires financial adjustments.
- To maintain the staff records and prepare monthly salary sheets. To keep tracking of the national staff leaves and all administration work related to the PPP project in the branch.
A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or Commerce or equivalent qualification from a recognized university/ institute.
- Minimum of 2 year relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and high integrity
- Good knowledge of financial reporting systems
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good computer skills
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills and able to present financial information clearly, orally & in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills having group dynamics
- Self-motivated and good motivator
- Open and honest
- Advanced level of English
In good mental & physical health, high level of stress tolerance etc.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل