Generalist Field Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Generalist Field Officer 2
Contract type: Open Ended
Duty Station: Based in Al-Dhalie
Post : 1
The Generalist Field Officer 2 contributes to the identification, implementation, and monitoring of ICRC activities in Aden missiod, based in Al-Dhalie city with a particular focus on the protection of the civilian population, in coordination with the ICRC delegate responsible. He/She monitors humanitarian needs, provides in-depth analysis of the security, political and socio-economic environment, and contributes to the development of the ICRC’s network of contacts with local stakeholders in Al-Dhalie city.
- Contributes to identification, implementation, and follow-up of various and multidisciplinary ICRC field activities in accordance with specific humanitarian objectives.
- Monitors the humanitarian environment and needs in the Al-Dhalie and analyses the security, socio-economic, cultural, and political environment relevant to the ICRC. Shares relevant information with colleagues and reports any change in the situation.
- Develops and maintains, in close coordination with the ICRC delegate responsible, a solid network of local contacts that includes political and administrative authorities, security and military forces, members of the YRCS as well as any other actor relevant to the ICRC’s work.
- Collaborates closely with the ICRC delegate responsible for the identification and collection of cases of Protection of the Civilian Population and their follow-up internally as well as with external stakeholders.
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information in relation to the ICRC field activities and the development of the context and contributes to written reporting. Contributes to the organization of and participates in field missions, which can at times be carried out independently. Ensures administrative and financial follow-up.
- Participates in internal and external meetings and develops and maintains contacts with municipal/regional authorities, local/regional Red Cross/Red Crescent society branches, and the population.
- Contributes to liaising and coordinating with internal ICRC departments when organizing and subsequently conducting field trips.
- Participates in, and may carry out independently, administrative follow-up of field missions.
Scope & Impact
- Contributes to delivering ICRC objectives and strengthening contacts within the geographic remit of a defined structure (delegation or sub-structure) or programme.
- The role would typically be found in medium-sized operations.
- Internally, interacts with colleagues in the delegation or sub-structure.
- Externally, interacts with a network of local contacts, such as authorities, opposition leaders, non-state armed groups, the civilian population, international organizations and non-governmental organizations, and with International Red Cross and.
- High school or University degree or relevant professional experience;
- In addition to native Arabic, fluent knowledge of English (all four competencies – writing, listening, speaking, and reading)
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of different mapping software is a plus
- Valid manual driving license
- Very good knowledge of the political and security context in Southern governorates of Yemen, in particular, the governorate of Al-Dhalie & Lahj.
Professional Experience Required
- Typically 3-5 years confirmed relevant internal/ external experience supporting humanitarian projects and programs in the field.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from ICRC
Accountability to Affected People officerDeadline:30 Nov | Sana'a
ICT SpecialistDeadline:30 Nov | Sa'adah
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Analysis & Evidence)Deadline:05 Dec | Taiz (Al-Turba)
Protection Field OfficerDeadline:05 Dec | Taiz (Al-Turba)
WatHab EngineerDeadline:10 Dec | Sana'a