Finance Officer (Re- Advertised) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Note: Applicants who applied before are not requested to apply again for this position
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues. ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions in Sana’a, Hajjah, Al Mahwit, Aden, Al-Dale’a and Shabwa Governorates. ZOA Yemen is currently seeking for national qualified candidates for:
Re- Advertised Finance Officer, Aden – 1 position
The most important objective of the finance officer is to keep accurate financial records. The financial officer is responsible the processing of expenditures, payments and the undertaking of a range of financial reporting and administrative tasks. The officer operates in a team environment and will be expected to work in a collaborative way with colleagues. Duty station is Aden.
I. Tasks and responsibilities
- Administer day-to-day finances, scrutinizes documentation for authenticity, accuracy, proper authorization and eligibility.
- Accurately record all transactions, prepare and book entries and reconcile bank ledger accounts with the ZOA financial system (ERP).
- Responsible for an adequate follow up on work accruals and being in line with ZOA’s accounting principles.
- Responsible for bank transactions & management and ensuring that all financial regulations and policies are abided to.
- Responsible for an adequate follow-up on work advances and being in line with ZOA’s accounting principles.
- Review and check payments' supporting documentation for integrity, accuracy and completeness before transaction is approved for payment
- Oversee assistant’s correct management and payment of petty cash.
- Ensure that filing system for all payment vouchers and supporting documents is maintained and updated
- Support Finance Coordinator in monthly, quarterly & Yearly financial closure.
- Support Finance Coordinator in Audit preparation.
- Carries out other finance, administrative and support duties as assigned by Area Coordinator, Finance Coordinator and Head of Finance.
- Adherence to ZOA values
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 3 years work experience with International NGO
Able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- Accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Computer skills and relevant office software packages (MS Office programs, email, accounting)
- Basic knowledge of project cycle management
III. Skills and competencies
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Willingness to be flexible with tasks and working hours
- Judgement and problem solving
- Planning and organizational skills related to work and time management
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Willingness to learn and be trained and be challenged to grow
- Willingness to teach and train others
- Willingness to travel to ZOA FO locations other than duty station whenever required to support Finance team there
- CD / Program Manager / Area Coordinator / Head of Finance/ Sana’a Finance Team
- All ZOA Country staff
- Finance at HQ
- ZOA Official Banks
- Other (I)NGO’s
- Finance groups
- Local Partners
- Finance Assistant
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 31st of December 2022 with possibility for extension based on budget availability
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from ZOA
Logistics ManagerDeadline:01 Jun | Sana'a
Senior MEAL Officer (Re-Advertised)Deadline:07 Jun | Aden