Deputy General Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position Title: Deputy General Manager
Reports to: Deputy General Manager
1. Reporting to the General Manager, Intensive, and Agriculture position will manage all intensive backgrounding and agriculture businesses.
2. The position will provide oversight and direction to Intensive operations as well as the development and implementation of a pasture plan focusing on land utilisation and sustainability.
3. In addition, the position will have responsibility for concept planning and business case development for developing new innovative agriculture management solutions and assisting in identifying opportunities for optimal land utilisation and supporting the COO in analysing performance across agribusiness.
This is a hands-on position that will see the successful candidate ‘on the ground’ across the portfolio. To be successful in this challenging but highly rewarding position, you will have the following key skills, experience and personal attributes:
1. Proven intensive agriculture background coupled with multiple property management experience, ideally in a corporate environment.
2. Strong mentoring, passionate about developing and building capability in people, known for being inspiring and motivating.
3. Well-developed strategic thinking with the ability to identify and provide solutions to a range of operational issues.
4. High level understanding and commitment to Agritrade business
5. Strong business acumen with sound financial skills and understanding of P&L’s, balance sheet and cash flows.
6. Experience in data analysis, report writing and proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
7. Working knowledge and understanding of current workplace relations and work, health & safety legislation and emergency response coordination.
8. Strong and decisive decision-making, with the ability to adapt and deal with change and take on new responsibilities and opportunities as they arise.
9. A real appreciation for the impact and benefits of technology.
10. Tertiary qualifications in an Agricultural and/or Business-related discipline will be highly regarded
11. Monitor performance, with input from manager and productivity of employees on an ongoing basis.
12. Ensuring, with the input from managers, employees attend training programs. Advising on training programs for employees.
13. Identify growth opportunities
14. Maximize efficiencies in operations.
Key Behavioural Competencies Required
- Strong Character
- Good Communicator
- Honest and have integrity
- Strong management and business background
- Good understanding of labour, environment and business law
- Solid judgement qualities
- Good Communication skill – verbal & written.
- Work under pressure and tight timelines.
- Team player
- Work under minimal supervision and guidance.
- Experience of agriculture is a must and willing to travel.
- Good command of spoken and written English is preferred. Knowledge of English and Arabic is a must.
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
- Male management graduates with 8 - 12 years’ experience in agriculture industry.
- Work experience in Africa.
- Management of a large distribution network and large format national / regional distributors.
- Excellent planning skill.
- Computer literate and comfortable in making reports and analysis in Excel and word. Excellent presentation skill and dealing with senior management.
- Able to travel extensively across different markets. Personal mobility is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent man management skill across multiple cultures.
- HO: Sales and Marketing, Finance, Legal team
- Local authorities
- Client Sales / Marketing Team
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Confidential
Sales/Marketing Manager - مدير مبيعات وتسويقDeadline:11 Feb | Saudi Arabia
Administration and Commercial Correspondence AssistantDeadline:02 Feb | Sana'a
AccountantDeadline:02 Feb | Sana'a
محاسب ماليDeadline:14 Feb | Sana'a
Sales Associate - موظف مبيعاتDeadline:16 Feb | Sana'a