Finance Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
SCOPE OF WORK
Chemonics International Inc.
TITLE: Finance Manager
This position is based in Aden, Yemen. This position may require periodic travel outside Aden.
Based in Aden, the Finance Manager will manage a team of approximately two staff responsible for the accounting and financial management of the Josoor and YSF projects.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Review copies of all receipts for all expenses and expense reports
- Facilitate provision of information and documentation during audits
- Approve/ release all accounting transactions into the field office accounting software, ABACUS
- Supervise the review procurement transactions to ensure that all supporting documentation and approvals are accurate
- Oversee bank reconciliation process
- Supervise the maintenance of proper accounting documentation and quality assurance.
- Oversee processing of payroll each month and supervise the salary receipt/payroll forms preparation, as well as the overseeing the Provident Fund withholdings and employer contributions
- Liaise with income tax authority and remit employee withholdings on a monthly basis
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the home office Field Accounting & Systems Team (FAST) representative
- Examine monthly wire transfer requests through a thorough analysis of projected project expenditures
- Supervise the review and monitor monthly subcontractor invoices
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with VAT reporting requirements
- Ensure all transactions are in compliance with the client’s rules and regulations.
- Ensure all financial trackers and reports are accurate, up-to-date, and submitted on time. This including Smartsheet tracker, Budget Versus Actuals (BVAs), locals and any other regular and ad hoc reports.
- Ensure the compliance of financial records and documentation with Chemonics and client’s regulations.
- Participate effectively in review internal policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that will respond to country context and internal controls needs.
- Provide proper supervision to the finance team including mentoring and coaching.
- Coordinate with the other departments, the head office Project Management Unit (PMU) and other field office staff whenever is needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned to achieve the Program’s goals and objectives
Education, Qualifications and Equivalent Experience
- A degree in finance, accounting, business, or commerce is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of donor regulations and financial compliance strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in finance, accounting, and management
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets and preparation of graphs, tables, charts with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) or QuickBooks is necessary
- Experience with ABACUS preferred, but not required
- Professional proficiency in English and Arabic required
The Finance Manager will report to the Deputy Team Leader.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل