WASH Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Jabal Al-Sharq District (Dhamar)
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.
Geographic scope: Country (Yemen)
DRC Yemen is seeking an experienced WASH Assistant to ensure that water, sanitation and hygiene activities are implementing effectively in accordance with the culture and practices of the local population. It is a key DRC position, with DRC expecting that the post holder with be qualified and possess WASH skills, knowledge and attitude to be immediately effective in the field paying special attention to women and girls. The WASH Assistant will report to the WASH Team Leader. This position is based in Jabal Al-Sharq District, Dhamar Governorate and entail travel to the field/targeted locations.
Overall purpose of the role
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief services at worldwide since 1956 and working in Yemen since 2008 responding to the protection, WASH and Livelihoods needs of IDPs, migrants, children and local communities in collaboration with key national and international agencies. The WASH Team Leader is a critical position to provide the above services.
- Assist in the implementation of WASH assessments and data collection activities such as beneficiaries’ lists.
- Facilitate water testing activities to ensure water quality improvements and sustainability over time.
- Facilitate and follow-up the water treatment at all levels and at household level in particular.
- Liaise with community water management committees in areas where WASH infrastructure is being rehabilitated to help ensure local ownership and assist in developing sustainable mechanisms for operations and maintenance.
- Mobilization of local communities to support WASH activities at household’s level and water sources, and to provide the required efforts that will help on prevention and control measures, and ensure problem solving.
- Provide technical support on hygiene education to CHVs and community members.
- Provide daily follow-up for the hygiene promotion sessions at household level.
- Facilitate the distribution of hygiene kits and ensure the right selection for vulnerable families.
- Contributing to the preparation of internal reports.
- Accomplish the other necessary activities related to the office and program and tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
Required experience and competencies
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience in WASH.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of guidance.
- INGO experience preferred.
- To be from the local residents of the targeted district is preferable.
- The vacant of this position must be a female, to be able implementing households' activities and easy deal with women and girls at home level.
Education:: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area.
- Good English spoken & written skills.
- Good report writing skills
- Fluency in Arabic language (written and spoken)
- WSAH cluster
- Education offices
- Health offices
- Community leaders
- WASH Actors / Partners
Contract length: DRC will offer the successful applicant a Six Month contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Work place: Jabal Al-Sharq District (Dhamar)
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National. This position will be placed at level (NMI).
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Jobs you may be interested in
Posted 1 week ago
Deadline: 04 Aug. 2021