Volunteer for Education This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Volunteer for Education - (230001CB)
SCI Yemen is embarking on the Restoring Education and Learning (REAL) project, funded by the World Bank and implementing by the three implementing partners SCI, WFP and UNICEF. The project’s primary objective is to maintain access to basic education, improve conditions for learning and strengthen education sector capacity in selected districts of several governorates in Yemen targeting over 1’000 schools.
The Education Assistant will implement and assist in the day-to-day implementation of education activities in the targeted district(s) in close coordination and collaboration with relevant stakeholders in the community such as parents, teachers, MoE authorites, etc. S/he will monitor the project activities in the targeted schools and support teachers, partners and the local communities in addressing issues that might need support. The Project Assistant will spend the large majority of time in field, ensuring quality implementation of the Project activities. She/He will ensure that field level quality concerns are consistently raised to the relevant line manager.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Education Officer
Staff reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Implementation and management of the REAL project according to the approved annual plan.
- Ensure direct communication and feedback with beneficiaries and relevant local communities, parents, teachers and students.
- Support teacher trainings as required by the project objectives.
- Provide technical support to school teachers, MoE staff (GEO/DEO) and schools management for the improvement of utilization of education services in target districts.
- Organize and implement distributions of teaching and learning materials.
- Coordinate with community leaders, school teachers, school management staff and partner organizations to implement the REAL project activities and work closely with them to improve quality of the project services.
- Collect and analyse project related data and keep up to date the filing system for the project to show that the REAL project activities achieve their objectives.
- Prepare reports for the supervisor with statistical and narrative information on the progress of the project activities at field level.
- Ensure that the REAL project is implemented in ways that are responsive to communities and children, in line with SC’s principles, values and strategic plan and compliant with SC’s procedures.
- Maintain positive work relations with teachers, headmasters, and DoE representatives.
- Support SC trained volunteers, teachers and children in the implementation of the REAL project activities.
- Support administrative tasks such as preparing purchase requests, archiving, printing out documents, etc.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by line manager.
Monitoring & Coordination
- Coordinate and hold regular meetings with stakeholders including local councils and other organizations serving children and community to understand their education priorities, familiarize them with the REAL project and its objectives and engage them in the process.
- Ensure that the REAL project is implemented in ways that are responsive to communities and children, in line with SCI’s principles, values, strategic plan and procedures.
- In coordination with MEAL team, monitor the progress of education activities against project plans and timelines and against pre-defined objectives and indicators.
- Support Baseline, ASER and Endline survey and assessment
- Support third-party monitoring (TPM) team to monitor SCI REAL field project activities as and when required.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities, fraud and other relevant policies and procedures.
Employee Status: Contingent
Closing Date: Mar 20, 2023
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Save The Children
MEAL VolunteersDeadline:09 Apr | Ibb
Social Media and Communications OfficerDeadline:05 Apr | Sana'a
Supply Chain OfficerDeadline:06 Apr | Hadramout
Staff Wellbeing and Mental Health ConsultantDeadline:12 Apr | Sana'a
Staff Wellbeing and Mental Health Consultant- AdenDeadline:12 Apr | Aden