Logistics Assistant (Fuel)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers, and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day.
Incumbent reports to the Logistics Officer, WFP Yemen Bilateral Service Provision Section (BSP). She/He will work closely with supervisor, as part of dynamic team that supports logistics activities for the humanitarian partners through adequate information management for informed decisions. WFP Bilateral Service Provision Section is an integral part of WFP Yemen Supply Chain Interagency Unit and supports over 40 humanitarian partners in Yemen (e.g. UN Agencies, INGOs and NGOs) and vigorously growing service portfolio and requirements, through filling in the existing logistics gaps in sea/air transport, warehousing, logistics coordination/information management and other logistics services, when necessary, through provision of expertise and the turn-key supply chain solutions either through donor-funded initiatives or through cost recovery mechanisms in place, and contributes to achievements of the UN SDG17.
As part of highly dynamic and motivated team, an incumbent will perform logistics and information management functions with the reporting line to Logistics Officer (BSP) and ultimately the Head of WFP Yemen Supply Chain Interagency Unit, or the designate. Incumbent is expected to produce organized and accurate work, undertaking specific logistics activities, under tight deadlines and minimum supervision and guidance. He/She will be requested to step in, where necessary, and cover for other relevant business related activities within the unit after the training, e.g. small quantity fuel provision to partners, assistance in logistics docket of WFP Yemen Interagency Unit, coordination activities, as necessary.
At this level, incumbents will be expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring interpretation of standard logistics guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
Ideal candidate for this position will be someone with strong sense of purpose, committed to humanitarian principles, who is computer savvy, organized, articulate in communication, with can-do and will-do attitude, capable to work effectively and often within a tight deadlines, as part of dynamic team composed of various national and international employees and demanding work environment.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Providing support BSP Logistic operation and activities, following standard processes, and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of fuel and
- medical commodities, etc to beneficiaries in the South.
- Support timely orders and supplies of commodities (Medical, Medical equipment, Jerrycans, JetA1 fuel, diesel, etc.) to authorized partners and destinations.
- Support pipeline analysis, assessments, and operational planning for all delivery modalities of Non-food, Shelter, Medical, Medical equipment, and fuel.
- Follow up and liaise with Superintendents for all reports and information on transportation of Nonfood item’ and fuel deliveries.
- Act as focal point general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary for partners.
- Initiate the BSP plans (Non-food and fuel) for relevant programs areas and implementing the approved plan.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES - PART 2
- Evaluate Transporters and other Fuel service providers performance against the set Key Performance Indicators.
- Monitoring and Tracking fuel stock and requesting for replenishment from management as maybe required. Liaise with supplies of JET A1 fuel for partners.
- Prepare necessary Custom documentations and liaise with authorities for clearance of fuel supplies.
- Coordinate all security/de-confliction clearances with Transport Operations Security Unit.
- Act as focal point for Air, Land and Sea cargo operation in south for contracted partners.
- Act as focal point for verifying of transport invoices and other services in the corporate system (ITS, Wings).
- Assist in the formulation of Standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure quick response and deployment of the required resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Prepare necessary Transport documentations for the allocated quantities for each Transporter.
- Others as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. University Degree in Logistics, Information Management, Business/Public Administration will be an added advantage;
Language: Fluent (level C) English and Arabic in required;
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in logistics, information management or business administration.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, e.g. Microsoft Office (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision;
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals (both internally and externally);
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention;
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Supply Chain Management and Optimization
Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.
Planning, Project & Resource Management
Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.
Information Management & Reporting
Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution
Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.
Warehouse and Inventory Management
Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
Technical Assistance and Coordination
Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments and pipeline information;
- Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only.
- Indicate all your job TOR.
- Indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
- Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-years period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.
How to Apply
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
21 June 2021.
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
# of opening
Link for WFP Staff
Link For Non-WFP candidates
Logistics Assistant (Fuel)
21 June 2021
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل