WatHaB Engineer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for two candidates to fill the positions of:
Contract type: Open Ended
Number of Posts: 1 Post
Duty Station: Sana’a
Date of announcement: 15/06/2022
WatHab Engineer 2 plans, designs and implements complex engineering projects, within the scope of the ICRC's water and habitat assistance objectives, with limited coaching and support from WatHab Engineer 3 or the WatHab Coordinator.S/he responsible for understanding the initial scope of the Diagnostic & Rehabilitation Feasibility Studies including identifying the outputs & deliverables and leading the project unit groups with clear tasks and roles & responsibilities. S/he is responsible for the implementation of all or part of the WatHab programme within the area of geographic responsibility of SAC Subdelegation, acts as a key interface with external stakeholders and reports to management on stakeholder relations and the general situation.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Draws up documents (drawings, bills of quantities, contracts, etc.) for engineering projects using approved formats; monitors project implementation for compliance with project documents, ICRC standards, and the local building code/standards, ensuring corrective action is taken if necessary.
- Produces key documents (operational plan, quarterly reports and any other ad-hoc documents as per need); mobilizes the human and material resources required (including specialists) for implementing the projects.
- Supervises the design work of staff under their responsibility and coaches them on their skills.
- Supervises contractors and on-site work for all project types and conducts quality control during the design and construction of infrastructure installed by the ICRC.
- Prepares implementation/progress reports at intervals set by the project manager and/or consolidates reports by staff under their responsibility.
- Creates project files in electronic databases (such as the WatHab Project Assistant application) and keeps them up to date.
- Establishes and maintains a network of external stakeholders, such as international organizations, NGOs and national authorities.
- Signs off on technical documents include assessment, option analysis, detailed designs, operational and capacity building plans prepared by consultants and WatHab Engineers 1.
- Manages tendering and project purchasing on labour and materials according to the delegation's logistical and financial rules.
- Networks with stakeholders, monitors security issues related to project sites and advises WatHab Engineer 3 or WatHab Coordinator where necessary; provides regular information to supervisors on security, stakeholder issues and site progress.
- Carries out and analyses needs assessments and surveys and shares analysis with WatHab Engineer 3 or the WatHab Coordinator.
- Administers hand-over of infrastructure installed by the ICRC to end-users.
- Trains or organizes training for end-users in the operation and maintenance of infrastructure installed by the ICRC.
- Uses results-based management to evaluate project implementation and analyse data.
- University degree in electro-mechanical, architecture, civil or structural engineering, hydrology, hydraulics, geology or similar.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of local language(s).
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English.
- Proficient in use of drawing, scheduling, and hydraulic engineering software.
- Advanced degree in electro-mechanical, architecture, civil or structural engineering, hydrology, geology or a related field, or equivalent professional experience, an asset.
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD and MS project-management suite or equivalent.
- Management training an asset.
Professional Experience Required
- 6-8 years' professional experience in a related field. 1–2 years' professional experience at an international NGO an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of water and sanitation or construction engineering.
- Experience managing 4–6 technical support staff. Competencies
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل