WASH NFI Distribution Monitoring Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Solidarités International seeks to recruit:
WASH NFI Distribution @ Monitoring officer
Location of position: Almkoha
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI’s mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen in 2017 and it has an operational base in Al Mokha with a sub-office in Al Khokha. The mission currently consists of an emergency and post-emergency program with a WASH-focused approach in the districts of the West coast, in Taiz and Hudaydah governorates.
The position will be based in Almokha.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks:
Under the direct management of the Deputy Wash PM, WASH NFIs Distribution and Monitoring Officer leads operation of the WASH NFI cash voucher system: distributing Hygiene and Sanitation materials to targeted households and individuals in the field while meeting technical specifications and quality standards.
Implementation & Supervision of Water & Sanitation Activities
• Ensure that assigned activities are implemented according to program work plan and methodology validated by management
• Conduct Household (HH) to HH assessments to identify WASH NFI needs for most vulnerable households in target villages.
• Organize, plan and supervise Community Health Volunteers (CHVs).
• Ensure that delivery notes are signed after each distribution
• Allocate tasks and supervise the on-site NFI distribution according to instructions given by the Deputy PM.
• Assist Logistics in identification of local vendors for goods and market assessment– within SI guidelines
• Register beneficiaries for receiving WASH NFIs.
• Monitor the delivery of vouchers and NFIs to beneficiaries through the voucher system: Quality, timeliness, satisfaction, etc.
• Maintain an up to date register of vouchers, NFI receipts and ensure proper archiving
• Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports of WASH NFI activities
• Ensure that NFI are delivered on targeted site
• Follow up the NFI stock on the sites.
• Take part to the evaluation of the technical competence of local vendors
• Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that these rules are respected by the workforce/CHVs under his/ her supervision and by the population.
• Provide training to all relevant beneficiaries (health facility workers, daily workers, beneficiaries) to ensure the safe and appropriate use of distributed NFIs.
• Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités International office, accessible to his/her Deputy PM and/or WASH Program Manager
• Take part in the drafting of project progress reports under the supervision of the Deputy PM.
• Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives when requested by the Deputy PM.
• Report to the Deputy PM the progress of the activities he/she is in charge of according to Solidarités International reporting template
• Report back all information or problems linked to his/her activity, Solidarités International programs or safety issues.
• Listen to and coordinate with the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, ormajor events which could affect the activities of Solidarités International
• Analyse the humanitarian situation by taking into account protection issues/Do No Harm to the population.
• Take part in lessons learnt workshops and other program evaluation activities.
• Participate to any other activities than can help program implementation
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships):
Line Manager: Deputy Program Manager (Deputy PM)
Line report(s) on base: Daily worker
III. Profile required
Professional experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in similar position (NGO, Private or Public sector). Humanitarian experience is a strong added value
Languages: Arabic and English (mandatory).
Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (internal and external communication), team player, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritization of tasks.
- Diploma or Degree in Business or Marketing or Procurement.
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health with experience of BOQ preparation and procurement shall also be considered.
- Procurement or marketing experience with a WASH Organization is an advantage.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل