Deputy Program Manager WASH
Solidarités International seeks to recruit:
DPM WASH (Deputy Program Manager WASH) - 01
Location of position: Al-Turbah, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running few projects with an integrated FSL and WASH and emergency approach mostly in Taiz governorates. The position will be based in AL-Turbah Town, Taiz, Yemen.
The WaSH Deputy Project Manager (DPM) is in charge of supporting the WaSH Program Manager (PM) towards the good implementation, achievement and reporting of the objectives defined in the proposals;
(S)He guarantees the proper coordination mechanisms are in place inside the operational teams (water supply, water quality, sanitation, public health, hygiene promotion), in Al Turbah and Taizz, and in cooperation with the WaSH PM.
List of main tasks:
Project relevance, quality and design
- Contribute to establishing operational assessment and evaluations activities.
- Contribute to define SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL’s local strategy and contribute to the annual programming by proposing new activities, especially activities targeting vulnerable people and IDPs Tai’zz governorate.
- Responsible to propose and guarantee quality approach mechanism are in place for the projects to ensure transparency accountability of SI activities.
- Support the writing of technical annexes and chapters (including the logical framework) for the proposals.
- Support the implementation of the activities in compliance with the annual operational strategy and SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL’s technical requirements and financial donors’ criteria.
- Participate in evaluating the relevance of the activities carried out, as well as the effectiveness of the interventions and their appropriateness with respect to contextual development and the population’s needs.
- Support the PM to ensure that the project achieve the required results.
- Support the PM to ensure that the project objectives meet sustainability requirements and compliance with established norms and standards.
- Propose to the PM adjustments to the projects, if necessary.
- Participate in building the teams abilities with respect to techniques or new methodologies.
Implementation and operational monitoring
- Support the PM in planning the operational activities.
- Meet the deadlines and adhere to predefined quality specifications.
- Support the PM in ensuring the project management, monitoring and evaluation tools are in each operational department.
- Propose quality criteria and monitoring indicators for programs.
- Anticipate any issues linked with carrying out the activities and help to resolve any problems related to the activities.
- Suggest any adjustments to be made to the activity depending on contextual and indicator developments.
Institutional Knowledge Building - IKB
- Use the IKB tools proposed by SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL.
- Participate in the centralization, validation, and distribution of procedures, guidelines and tools linked to the WaSH activities.
- Build up on SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (and stakeholders) intervention methods and techniques.
- Ensure that project files are complete, regularly updated, and saved on the Base external hard drive.
- Define the prerequisites for opened WASH positions together with the WaSH PM, and carry out along with HR department the recruitment process ensuring fairness and transparency.
- Greet and brief the new staff working on the program.
- In collaboration with the PM, set up technical trainings depending on the operational needs and identified training requirements.
- Lead working groups and thematic meetings with the support of Program Manager.
- Evaluate and assess the performance of colleagues under his / her direct supervision on a regular basis.
- Ensure adherence to SI security regulations and reinforce them with his /her team.
Reporting/ Communication / representation
- Pass upward to the WaSH PM / Coordination team any information on the security situation or on any event that could impact SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL activities and safety of the teams.
- Support the drafting of activities reports and amendments (including any annexes relating to specific activities) for the financial donors, local authorities and for internal purposes (weekly and monthly reports) by compiling all the operational data before sending them to the WaSH PM.
- Ensure that all reports required by the WaSH PM are delivered on time and in the correct format.
- In his / her assignment area, might be appointed to represent SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL at meeting or forums concerning the activities.
- In collaboration with the WaSH PM, and administrative department, support the preparation of administrative documents (MoU, handover, etc.) to be jointly signed with government authorities, communities or partner’s.
- In the absence of the WaSH PM, the WaSH DPM must be able to work independently without requiring very close observation.
III. Profile required
- WaSH technical knowledge (water system, sanitation system and hygiene promotion).
- Must have experience of managing a team.
- Must have experience of conducting training/capacity building.
- Must be willing to learn new skills and procedures.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be a good team player.
- Must be able to speak and write in English.
- Good sense of organization and prioritization.
- Good knowledge of Office Software (Excel, Word).
- Ability to travel over a period of several days (mainly Ta’izz governorate / Aden).
- Knowledge of WaSH in health facilities.
- Knowledge of WaSH in School.
- Ability to think/analyse a situation critically and be able to come up with possible solutions/improvements.
- Ability to communicate and maintain close relation with partners and local authorities.
- Previous experience with team management in WaSH sector in NGOs.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD software.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: WASH PM
Line report(s) on base: Team Leaders
Functional manager: Deputy Field Coordinator for Program and Field Coordinator
How to Apply
Please submit your application (CV mentioning 3 reference, Cover Letter, Photocopies of all diplomas/educational certificate, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com
Title of the position “DPM WASH (Deputy Program Manager WASH) “must be written in the email subject.
The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension.
Female candidate is highly encouraged.
The deadline for the applications: 25th of October, 2021.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل