Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Band/ Level / Grade: 7B
Department: Supply Chain
Location:Yemen | Aden
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees made to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
Supply Chain Manager is a key position to the success and delivery of quality programs. IRC defines Supply Chain as those systems and functions needed to implement programs effectively, expansive of planning, procurement, logistics, inventory management, property and asset management as well as vehicle and fleet management.
The Supply Chain Manager - Logistics is responsible for supporting the Supply Chain function to ensure efficient delivery of supply chain functions in the Country and field offices in logistics, inventory management, property and asset management as well as vehicle and fleet management.
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following:
A. Supply Chain Planning
The Supply Chain Manager – Logistics is responsible for working closely with internal and external partners to ensure effective supply chain planning and preparation to support program implementation. Supply chain planning includes;-
- In collaboration with program Coordinators/Managers and internal and external partners to support program implementation.
- Ensure program teams develop distribution plan for supplies and assets of closed grants in the warehouses.
- Coordinate with supply chain field staff to ensure that there is sufficient spaces in warehouses before sending program supplies to the field sites.
- Ensure that supply chain department (Warehousing and Assets, Transport, Maintenance and Facilities) is well staffed and roles and responsibilities of each have clear job description.
- Preparing, warehousing plans, transport plans and distribution plans.
- Implementing all IRC Inventory and Assets, Transport and facilities Management policies.
- Develop sourcing strategies and relationships with suppliers for Vehicles and truck rentals and Generator Maintenance.
B. Inventory, warehousing and Assets Management
- Inventory control, including drug storage, Cold chain, buffer stock, contributions in kind stock (CIK) and food commodities
- Implement the IRC inventory policies with regard to all project Items including cycle count, reporting discrepancies, pharmaceutical quality assurance as well as cold chain policies where applicable.
- Develop and ensure material distribution plans and up-to-date and being adhered to.
- Coordinate inventory disposal procedures
- Placement of the assets maintenance plans as per IRC policies, including repairs and insurance coverage process.
- Conduct Asset and properties needs assessment for the office and Guest houses.
- Handle asset and property disposal management
- Ensure that grant inventory and asset report is accurate, regularly produced, reviewed and approved before the Grant closing date.
C. Logistics and Fleet Operations
The role holder will
- Implement country fleet management policies that are consistent with transport requirements
- Dissemination and adherence of the vehicle safety policies by all vehicle users.
- Conduct transport need assessments
- Develop and monitor fleet movement plans, vehicle repairs, drivers assignment, vehicle safety, and fuel consumption.
- Develop vehicle management cost analysis and compile carbon emission reports
- The fleet legal status (customs clearance, registration, licenses, insurance) are up to date;
- Regular issuance, review, and usage of vehicle monthly reports to inform strategic decision-making process.
- Identify, document and timely report any IRC Inventory and Asset deviations following the mechanism in place for appropriate follow up.
- Implement and sustain segregation of duties in Inventory and Assets management and other related functions.
- Review and provide feedback on assigned supply chain reports submitted by country offices;
- Develop and support implementation of improvement plans.
- Promptly Inform the Supply chain coordinator or Deputy Director for Operations and/or County Director any areas of concern or potential or suspected supply chain policy violations.
- Provide constructive support to other functions to ensure effective, compliance to policies & procedures.
- Implement discrete, time-bound Supply Chain initiatives which improve performance or compliance (i.e. implementing post-audit corrective action plan);
E. Staff Management and Development:
- Support recruitment of Supply Chain staff (written tests and interviews) through the effective utilization of the IRC supply chain competency matrix.
- Ensure each team members' objectives are set following the organizational unit visions as well as operations context(s);
- Provide face to face and remote orientation to newly hired supply chain staff;
- Assess supply chain staff proficiency and training gaps and develop appropriate intervention programmes
- Deliver Training and development programmes to Supply Chain Staff
- Coordinate training and maintain training records
F. Technical Management & Systems:
- Participate in the development and implementation of ERP, BvA and other Supply Chain systems and, when vital, SC standard Operating Procedures.
- Pharmaceutical Supply Chain [Optional]
- In collaboration with the health team, ensure forecasts and supply planning for pharmaceutical supply are created for all health projects by project start date.
- With the guidance and support from global pharma leadership develop a supply strategy for the supply of pharmaceuticals (global, regional, national) including freight.
- Ensure the IRC standard pharmaceutical inventory tracking tool is in place and accurately maintained in each location
- Ensure implementation IRC pharmaceutical quality assurance policy, associated SOPs and procedures for Cold Chain standard methodology in the warehouse and in local transport.
- Ensure adequate drugs management and transportation tool and materials are available for the effective management of drugs.
Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Regular relationships with country Supply Chain staff at all levels, Deputy Director of Operations and Project Coordinators/Mangers. Actively participate in supply chain meetings, and leading sessions as required.
- External: May Serve as IRC Supply Chain representative in outside meetings, other non-governmental organizations, inter-agency groups and foundations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Advanced professional certification in supply chain management and/or emergency response management strongly preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in handling humanitarian supply chain;
- Strong ERP roll out and management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and roll-out supply chain policy and SOPs;
- Clear training and mentoring ability;
- Experience working with a diverse portfolio of Donors and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Have a high degree of flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong computer and communication equipment skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to lead teams
- Change management
- Risk management
- Decision-making capability
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Conflict resolution skills
- Strategic thinking
- Result Focus
- Effective Communication
- Problem-Solving ability
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
About the IRC
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today work in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and makes sure policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
How to Apply
1- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at
2- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
Deadline for Applying: June 2, 2022. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M, June 2, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from IRC
Client Responsiveness and Accountability AssistantDeadline:23 May | Al-Dhala'e
Communication and Media OfficerDeadline:24 May | Aden
Environmental Health OfficerDeadline:24 May | Al-Dhala'e