Male Social Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Male Social Officer
Organization name: Yemen Red Crescent Society – Amran Branch
Duration: Till December 31, 2021 renewable based on fund availability and performance
Location: Amran Governorate
Vacancy Positions: one
Job Title: Male Social Officer
Work system: Full Time
Closing Date: 24 July, 2021
Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS) was established in 1968 as part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The YRCS is a voluntary humanitarian organization, which works to alleviate the pain and suffering of society members without discrimination in times of peace and war, during natural and man-made disasters. The YRCS operates independently thought the country as an aid organization for official bodies in the field of humanitarian services in accordance with the provision of the Yemeni Constitution, the Geneva Convention and the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
YRC is looking for Social Officer to follow up on its protection activities in different areas of intervention. The position is in line to the YRC humanitarian response to internal displacement in Yemen under partnership Agreement with UNHCR. It is a key YRC position, with YRC expecting that the post holder will be qualified and possess protection skills, knowledge and attitude to be immediately effective in the field. These include the active involvement and the full participation by all community members, paying special attention to women.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct individual and households HH interviews using the Risk Assessment Tool.
- Provide social counseling to IDPs Approaching the community center and in the field.
- Conduct field visit to identify the most vulnerable cases and verify the referred cases for assistance.
- Participate in the training and capacity building of CBPNs and IDPs as required.
- Facilitate providing awareness session, AGDM and needs assessment among IDPs and as required.
- Assist in setting the SOPs in provision of Standard Protection Sub-sides to identified cases and other immediate referrals, urgent protection issues, cash transfers.
- Conduct case management study and interviews of identified cases and reporting.
- Submit on a daily basis reports of assessed cases to supervisor, with a monthly compilation of the cases assessed submitted to the Protection Officer.
- Coordinate with the Protection Officer on the provision of specific assistance to persons deemed to be extremely vulnerable.
- Conduct awareness sessions on Protection, IDPs Rights, Violence, and GBV for services providers.
- Provide activity mapping to support referral mechanism.
- Support the Protection Officer in writing monthly and weekly reports with analyses of identified and counselled vulnerable cases.
- Perform any other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor(s).
- Social Officer provide services at the Community Centre as well as through field visits/mobile teams and home visits.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Bachelor’s in social work or any related issues
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experiences working in similar positions particularly in protection projects
- Knowledge and understanding of social norms.
- Strong English skills are recommended.
- Solid Computer skills and competency in word, Excel as a minimum.
- Attention to details.
- Able to ensure quality delivery in a stressful environment.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
- Administrative and managerial skills.
Values and Competencies
- Respect and act in line with the YRCS staff regulations, Code of Conduct and the Fundamental Principles and Values of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Services, Unity, Universality).
- Ensure and maintain the core competencies required to implement the tasks (a high degree of integrity, accountability, commitment to YRCS capacity building, a high level of technical capacity to ensure results and working effectively in teams and sharing knowledge and best practices through good communication skills).
- A good team player having knowledge and skills in group dynamics.
- Respect cross-cultural environment as well as views of co-workers.
- Ensure management competencies to achieve objectives with enhanced planning and coordination capacities.
- In good mental & physical health, high level of stress tolerance etc.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل