Field Officer (Reproductive Health) (2) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Field Officer (Reproductive Health) - 2 Positions
Position: Field Officer (Reproductive Health) - 2 Positions
Location: Sana'a - Amran
Reports to: Program Manager
Travel: Frequent field visits to the sites of implementation when required.
Duration: Till December 31, 2021; Renewable based on fund availability and performance.
Note: Position is open for Yemeni Nationals only.
Relief International is a humanitarian and development non-profit agency that provides emergency relief, rehabilitation, and development assistance to communities worldwide. RI partners with communities in fragile settings to save lives and build resilience, dignity, and long-term well-being. All communities in fragile settings can achieve long-term well-being.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Field Officer (Reproductive Health) will contribute to the program planning, administration, implementation, monitoring and the evaluation of program activities, including teamwork and capacity building.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates with GHO, DHO and health facilities managers in the implementation of Program activities and nominate HFs staff and ensure all technical health facilities staffs are qualified and have Securing a license from the Yemeni medical council.
- Works closely with the Project to achieve program's objectives and targets effectively and efficiently.
- Undertakes ongoing visits to sites, assesses local conditions and resources, and monitors inputs.
- Prepares weekly, monthly and quarterly work plans for the project.
- Makes sure that community based activities are done properly.
- Supervises the provision of reproductive health services in health facilities and ensure the availability of medications and supplies in health facilities.
- Ensures smooth implementation and proper functioning of Health service provision.
- Directly supervises field assistants in the field and provides technical support to them through regular visits and provides internal oral or/and written reporting about field visits, including analysis and recommendations.
- Attends external meetings when assigned by Program Manager / Program Coordinators to represent RI and represents the RI in a professional manner at all times.
- Provides regular updates on inventory of medical and non-medical items supported by the project.
- Provides strategic and technical support (including, but not limited to, distribution plan, training plan etc.) to the project to ensure meeting the outcomes of the project in an integrated, sustainable manner.
- Coordinates and prepares the required authorization documents with local counterpart authorities on project feasibility and effectiveness including field monitoring with local authorities when required and flow of supply and other non-supply assistance.
- Attends technical cooperation meetings, prepares notes and undertakes follow-up action and coordination related to program implementation and monitoring.
- Coordinates with MEAL department and respond promptly to any concern or deviation observed in the field and ensure tracking of project indicators at all levels (activities, results, objectives and goal) media visits.
- Ensures regular follow-up and effective communications are maintained within the project team. Provide hands-on job training, capacity building, support, and feedback to project staff and effectively contribute in coordinate and implement all the trainings in program.
- Develops an implementation plan and ensure the effective tracking of the project.
- Makes sure that program's targets are met by using indicator and activity tracking sheet including statistical reports, case studies, and success stories.
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times.
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers.
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the RI.
- Participates in assessments, analysis, reviews and evaluation of access to health care for targeted population.
- Provides guidance to the HFs workforce, in collaboration with health authorities and organizes for capacity building as needed.
- Prepare weekly and monthly movement plan for field assistants and share it with program officers/Coordinator, logistic department and fleet assistant.
- Contributes towards Program Reports, Statistical Reports, Quarterly Technical Health Reports and other Program documentation.
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships/networks with health authorities, health staff other health actors.
- Cooperates with other RI departments to ensure a collaborative and integrated approach
- Ensures proper management of information collected and produces the subsequent reports.
- Coordinate with the Information Management Officer to review program reporting indicators and reporting tools and ensure program targets are met using indicator / activity tracking tables.
- Follow-up and supervision of health workers regarding sending daily reports and conforming to reliable standards, a clear copy of the daily summary of all services provided, records of services for conformity and drug reports that are disbursed to beneficiaries.
- Work closely with information officer to collect information about services and the beneficiaries and consumption report for medications and medical supplies.
- Ensure quality and timely field level implementation of the RH services, against set objectives, targets and work plans.
- Conduct field assessments, identifying potential needs, designing and implementing response plans.
- Support regular health program evaluations, rapid assessments identifying needs and making practical recommendations onto address them.
- Contribute in prepare smooth distribution plans for all items that will be delivered to HFs depended on actual need in the HFs and make ensure all items delivered to all HFs according to distribution plan and ensure the GRNs and donation letter fill to match the distribution plan and ensure all asset items are show funder's and RI's logo.
- Conduct review from the whole documentations of GRN's and donation letters of Medical equipment, Medical supplies, Medications, wash supplies, furniture, lab solutions, hygiene kits and any items that will delivered to HF.
- Follow-up on the process of stamping drugs delivered by RI (Free paid).
- Perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary and as requested.
- Any other tasks as assigned by Program Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- University degree in Health related sector, Bachelor Degree in Medicine (preferred).
- At least two years of professional experience in managing complex emergency response projects for development agency in similar context preferred to be with NGOs/INGOs
- One year experience in managing similar project is (Preferred).
- Experience in building capacity and staff motivation.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports to meet required reporting deadlines.
- A strong team player and exercise sound judgment and make decisions quickly and independently.
- Competence with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet navigation Excellent in communication skills in both English and/ or Arabic; ability to communicate strategically under pressure.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Willing and able to work under pressure, in challenging situations, with security risks, and to manage personal stress levels.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence as well as “Do No Harm.” We value:
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل