MEAL Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Reports to: WASH MEAL Specialist.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
This position reports to the WASH MEAL Specialist and is mainly responsible for following up the implementation of the project activities in a daily bases in addition to carrying out monitoring visits along with Project Manage. He/she will be reporting the progress in implementation and solving problems in the operation sites in a prompt manner. Also, he/she will make sure that the organization standards are met and ensure that all project’s activities are conducted in an orderly proper and acceptable manner according to donor and community standards. In addition, he/ she will be meeting beneficiaries to get their feedback about the project.
Monitoring and Data Management:
- Work in designing and develop the project MEAL plan and circulate the framework with the concerned project team.
- Working closely with the MEAL WASH specialist and MEAL field associate to establish a mechanism for data collection tools (quantitative and qualitative) and reporting to ensure all monitoring requirements are met, including field monitoring.
- Conduct regular field visits to closely assess the performance in the field, the quality of the provided services and collect any comments, feedbacks from the beneficiaries.
- Conducting data quality assessments on key activities and developing analytical reports.
- Work closely with the MEAL WASH specialist, Project Manager and program staff to ensure data on project deliverables and achievements against the log-frame is as accurate and up to date as possible, and managed according to agreed processes and standards.
- Conduct review meeting with the project team, program managers and MEAL focal points to demonstrate
- Collaborate with field office staff and implementing team on qualitative monitoring to provide relevant information for ongoing evaluation of project activities.
- Collate, analyse, manage and report all program related data, including on-line beneficiaries’ database.
- Conduct monthly market monitoring and share the report timely.
- Supervise the distribution of CHKs, BHKs, ceramic filters, jerry cans, and any other related activities.
- Verify the beneficiaries of WASH assistance including the distribution of different hygiene kits, ceramic filters, etc.
- Prepare all finalized beneficiaries distribution list and participate in the distribution of different hygiene kits and CASH assistance or any other related activity.
- Assessment, Surveys, and Learning:
- Regularly conduct/analyse/report Post Distribution Monitoring, KAP, baseline and endline surveys
- Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of MEAL findings with project staff, donors, clusters, and primary stakeholders
- Support the dissemination of quality data for decision making and feedback via regular information sharing with stakeholders and beneficiaries, and through publication of key project successes.
- Compiling and analysing collected data in order to identify lessons learned and any gaps or problems; sharing results in project reflection meetings and reporting any concerns to the appropriate program.
- Keeps up to date with developments in the sector, including best practice examples in-country and internationally, and ensure ongoing personal development and learning.
Reporting and Accountability:
- Assist the MEAL WASH specialist and/or the Project Manager to conceptualize, write, and consolidate progress reports, as well as briefing documents and other publications relating to the organization’s project implementation.
- Support the Program team in the quarterly, interim, and final narrative reporting, ensuring that the reporting meets donor expectations and requirements.
- Identification and formulation of lessons learned from evaluations and studies to be integrates into the final report
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and prepare relevant reports;
- In coordination with the Information Management Officer, MEAL WASH specialist and MEAL associate, implement the Accountability Mechanism, including preparations of tools for feedback and complaint collecting and recording.
- Conduct capacity assessment of the organization’s staffs in monitoring and evaluation
- Organize and conduct of results-oriented monitoring and evaluation trainings (including quantitative and qualitative data collection methods) for the project staff.
- Build the capacity of MEAL and program staffs on different aspects on MEAL including database management and impact assessment.
- Undertake any other duties which may be assigned.
Qualifications, Experiences, and Skills:
- BSc/BA degree in Civil engineering, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Information Management, Agricultural Science and other relevant discipline.
- At least 2-4 years of experience in MEAL or project planning.
- Working experience with NGOs.
- Demonstrated experience in field monitoring and conducting evaluations and surveys.
- Experience in writing quality project reports.
- Experience in implementing accountability system such as complaints, feedback, and response mechanism.
- Working knowledge of information collection tools and methodologies, with a particular focus on data analysis and the ability to develop and apply methods and tools for knowledge capturing, preservation and sharing.
- Experience in implementing Cash for Work and or Voucher Cash Transfer is preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in field-related activities, specially, in the field of cash/food for work in the rural areas.
- Prior experience with persons of concern (including internally displaced persons, conflict-affected host communities, extremely vulnerable individuals).
- Experience in working with WASH and Livelihood projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer literacy with a full knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including database management system.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, organize own schedule, perform routine work independently, meet deadlines, and adapt to continuously changing demands and multitasking. Ability to manage a heavy workload under time pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a team with peers as well as with multiple supervisors in a multicultural environment and to interrelate in an effective fashion with staff at all levels as well as with external counterparts.
- File Archiving skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Strong data analysis skill.
- Facilitation, training, and coaching skills.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Confidential
Development and HR Manger ( مدير ادارة التطوير والموارد البشرية)Deadline:15 Nov | Sana'a
Professional Sales Representative (مندوب مبيعات علمي ) (Re-Advertised)Deadline:28 Oct | Sana'a , Dhamar
مدير خدمات الموظفين وبيئة العملDeadline:28 Oct | Taiz
Commercial Manager (مدير الإدارة التجارية)Deadline:31 Oct | Sana'a
Chocolate Maker (فني خلط شوكولاتة)Deadline:31 Oct | Sana'a