Civil Engineer/Site Engineer (7) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Job Title: Civil Engineer/Site Engineer
- Status: Full-time
- Duty station: Multiple-cities
- Duration: 5 months (2 months for technical study and develop designs, BOQs + 3 months supervision)
- No. of positions: 7
An Overview about ADO
Abs Development Organization for woman and Child (ADO) is a well-established national, humanitarian, developmental, non-profit and non-governmental organization, founded in August 1996 by a group of Yemeni girls to provide a better life for women, children, and youths. ADO has been operating in Yemen for more than 27 years with an outstanding coverage to the deprived rural areas located on the coast of Tehama and other various areas in Yemen aiming to get rid of poverty and infectious diseases. Since its inception, ADO has implemented over 213 developmental and humanitarian projects. According to ADO latest cumulative statistics, by end of the year 2021, a total of 6,695,412 people were benefited from these interventions. Consequently, the organization has established itself among the most effective civil society organizations in Yemen that are working on issues related to livelihood, health, education, and WASH supporting women, children, and youth. Operating from its Headquarter office in Sana’a, and through its branch offices in Al-Hodeidah, Hajjah, Abs, Raymah Taiz and Aden, ADO provides educational, health, livelihood and WASH services to urban and rural communities. As ADO believes that women are the essence of life, it has devoted all its activities and programs to empower and educate women who will lead to a modern and just state. ADO also believes that protecting and caring for children will result in a prosperous future; free from crime and terrorism. Furthermore, ADO believes that youth are the potential and driving force of any modern civil society.
Job objectives/ Scope: A civil engineer is a person who practices civil engineering, which is the practice of planning, designing, supervising, maintaining and operating all construction projects and ensuring quality assurance, health safety and environment
Reporting to: Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer
Supervised Staff: Subcontractors/contractors
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct technical study for the sub-projects including construction, Rehabilitation of buildings, water networks, Sanitation networks, Roads.
- Develop designs, BOQs, drawings, technical specification, special conditions, and ensuring the plans, drawings and quantities are accurate.
- Contribute to technical evaluation of the contractors as needed.
- Develop site checklists based on the BOQs and specification.
- Offering technical advice on a construction site for subcontractors, craftspeople and operatives
- Managing the site works and select parts (shop drawings) of construction projects day-to-day.
- Overseeing the construction works and ensuring the quality of the work.
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site
- Supervising site security as well as health and safety
- Organizing and overseeing material and manpower in the field
- Managing the design documents supplied by the client
- Planning work efficiently and adapting to any setbacks or difficulties to keep projects on schedule and within budget.
- Liaising with the local authority to ensure compliance with construction regulations and by-laws, liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff
- Reporting progress and other updates back to clients
- Working with subcontractors, project managers, quantity surveyors and other professionals
- Contribute to develop the as built drawings
- Ensure HSSE procedures are in place and the contractor’s team are fully commit to.
- Maintaining the documentation of the construction projects.
- Ensuring the raw materials used are as per the specifications.
- Filing documents to the local jurisdiction as and when required.
- Adhering to all the environmental and safety standards.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting of achievements, challenges and recommendations.
- Any other related tasks assigned by the senior project engineer or project manager.
Career Path/ Career Cluster: Programs Management
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction, or a related degree.
- Minimum 10 years’ work experience in the Construction as a Site Engineer, Civil Engineer, or a similar role.
- Proficiency in Computer-aided drafting (CAD) software and other engineering software’s.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to manage tasks as per priorities.
- Amazing project management skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive work environment.
- Ability to deal with different personalities and remain calm.
- A hardworking and detailed-orientated individual.
- Ability to work in harsh conditions.
- Strong project management and organizational abilities
- Commercial understanding of project budgets and timelines
- Teamwork and communication skills, allowing you to work effectively with a range of people including clients, construction managers and subcontractors
- Technical know-how
- The ability to multitask
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent IT knowledge
- Knowledge of relevant building and health and safety legislation
- A driving license, in many cases
- A reasonable level of fitness and mobility for site inspections and tricky-to-access areas of site
- Analytical thinking: Site engineers often solve problems that arise during their projects by using logical approaches and analytical thinking
- Attention to detail: Throughout the construction process, site engineers remain detail-oriented to ensure components of the project meet the overall goal
- Budgeting: To estimate how much materials and labor a project involves; a site engineer uses budgeting skills to ensure there is little to no waste
- Communications: Site engineers communicate with architects, engineers and construction managers both verbally and through written reports to ensure that a project finishes in a timely fashion.
- Management: In addition to supervising team members, site engineers also manage the materials and timeline of a project to ensure
- Team coordinator: As a leader in the construction process, site engineers collaborate with many team members and organize activities that help divide work efficiently a successful completion
Start Date: 15\03\2023
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل