Project Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Project and Programme Management
Type Of contract
Sana’a, Amanat Alasima, Dhamar, Amran, Marib, Albyada’a.
Duration of Contract
Two months (extendable based on performance evaluation)
Direct supervision of Programs & Projects Manger
The Humanitarian Development Program (HDP)- Hayel Saeed Anam Charity Foundation (HSACF), is a nonprofit and independent NGO in Yemen established by Hayel Saeed Anam Charity Foundation (HSACF). It focusses on improving the quality of Yemeni people life, through well-planned and comprehensive projects in water, education, livelihood and health interventions and related activities that strengthen underserved communities in all parts of Yemen with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergencies.
Humanitarian Development Program (HDP) places human dignity at the centre of its relief and development work. At the heart of the Program’s efforts to impact poverty and social justice. Vulnerable adults and children are particularly at risk of sexual exploitation and abuse. HDP defines the program’s commitment to the protection from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) of vulnerable adults, involving HDP Employees and Related Personnel. In recognition of the special vulnerability of children, also HDP affirms commitment to the welfare and protection from sexual exploitation and all forms of abuse of children, involving HDP employees and related personnel.
In line with this fact Humanitarian Development Program (HDP) is looking to recruit a Project Manager to assist its work on the project under the direct supervision of Programs & Projects Manager.
A Project Manager will focus on HDP - HSACF portfolio and will take on the role oversee and manage the entire project responsibilities including the coordination and completion of project activities on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects including financial and program planning and reporting. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project.
Provision of Child protection direct assistances to IDPs, conflict affected and host community children in six conflict affected governorates.
This project aims to provide protection services for Children in conflict-affected areas with critical child protection issues, and who are victims of grave child rights violations are referred for documentation and provision of Critical services.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of Programs & Projects Manager, Project Manager, will undertake the following tasks:
- Plan Preparation of the project in terms of the plan and the duties of the staff.
- The general management of the activities of all the child protection project, including: development, follow-up and review of project work, project expenditures, field visits, procurement plans, financial aid and services provided by the project.
- Supervision of staff, including indirect supervision and capacity building of newly appointed staff in the six governorates.
- Coordinate with other departments, particularly Supply Chain, Logistics, MEAL and Finance, to ensure the smooth and timely delivery of program supplies and activities.
- Regularly review project data, ensuring accurate data collection, and analyzing data to ensure donor goals are met.
- prepare reports in English for internal and external submission, in particular monthly reports sent to the HDP Office and periodic donor reports.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including local and national authorities, project donor representatives, other service providers, and representatives of the Sub-Coordination Cluster.
- Ensure that all project activities are implemented in line with HDP internal policies, as well as donor regulations and international humanitarian standards.
- Provide strong leadership to the team, especially in the field and locations.
- Conduct regular field visits to provide direction and guidance on the job, interact with project beneficiaries, and evaluate project progress.
- Support the development of key technical tools in coordination with department heads, such as MEAL, Operations/Procurement.
- Attend internal and external coordination meetings, as required.
- Team management, capacity building, and follow-up of all members in carrying out the tasks assigned to them.
- Support line supervisors through day-to-day management of field staff/indirect supervisors, and report any concerns to sector or area managers.
- Identify capacity building needs for direct and indirect supervisors and liaise with the Program Manager to develop plans for capacity building at the individual and team level.
- Creating clear communication channels while creating a positive and inclusive environment.
- Follow up on the donor and keep him informed of the work and changes that may occur during implementation.
- Work with the Program Department and the donor to facilitate any obstacles impeding the progress of project implementation as planned.
- Perform any other related tasks as required.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the HDP’s values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of HDP.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Technical background in child protection - related project.
- Ability to frequently travel to the field sites and work in hardship and non-accompanied locations.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Innovation and Creativity.
- Technological Awareness.
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision and remote management models.
- Strong experience with monitoring tools and systems.
- Perform a variety of tasks.
- Lead and direct the work of others.
III. Education and Experience
- University degree in management, education, social sciences or other related discipline. Advanced university degree would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years (3 for candidates with a Master’s degree) of relevant professional experience in the areas of PSEA / child protection services.
- Knowledge of and experience in project planning, project cycle management and logical framework.
- Working experience with UN projects will be an added asset.
- Working experience with case management / child protection projects will be an added asset.
- Computer skills in both Arabic and English Languages;
- Clerical and administrative experience.
- proficiency of both English and Arabic
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل