SENIOR FINANCE ASSISTANT
Posted on: 19 June 2022
Deadline: 30 June 2022
Job Title: SENIOR FINANCE ASSISTANT
Duration: 6 months
Starting Date: At soon
Society for Humanitarian Solidarity (SHS) is a nonprofit humanitarian NGO based in Yemen. It was founded in 1995. SHS, winner of the Nansen refugee award in 2011, for its dedicated work in providing the assistance to refugees and migrants who arrive in Yemen. SHS is a trusted implementing partner to more than 5 international organizations operating in Yemen. SHS has built a strong career and trust among the local community and the international organizations through its tenure in providing assistance to the IDPS and most vulnerable groups
PROGRAM/DEPARTMENT SUMMARY: Working from within the Administration and Human Resources Department, the Finance Unit is committed to providing efficient and effective financial support to SHS office and program operations.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: The Finance Supervisor has overall responsibility for daily financial operations of SHS as per SHS Finance Manual, resolving queries promptly, and maintaining a good working relationship with staff and suppliers. S/he will ensure all Financial Operations comply with SHS rules and regulations as described in the Finance Manual alongside donor policies, procedures, guidelines, and rules. S/he will seek and receive policy guidance/instructions and support from the Project Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Monitors daily the status of project funds.
2. Handles and manage project petty cash.
3. Ensures that an adequate amount of money is always kept in the cash box by withdrawing cash from the bank on a regular basis as per SHS Financial Policies.
4. Ensures all project transactions are done.
5. Ensures all expenses, payments, receipts, bank reconciliations, and any other required financial data are entered correctly, properly, and in a timely manner.
6. Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports as requested by the Project Manager and donor.
7. Arranges travel, prepares project activities and expense advances, and ensures travel expense reports and required accounting for other approved expenditures are properly completed and all outstanding advance amounts are cleared and reconciled.
8. Ensures that all payments are properly coded to record according to their respective budget lines and complete all signatory authorizations from the respective Budget Holder and LPC members as per SHS Scheme of Delegation.
9. Actively plans and implements a financial capacity building plan for all SHS Finance members.
10. Ensures that all program implementation activities that require direct or indirect involvement of disbursement of payment to suppliers, contractors, and beneficiaries are safeguarded by segregation of duty.
11. Assists the Internal Controller in strengthening internal controls and internal controls policy.
12. Actively participates in Budget vs. Actual review reports.
13. Prepares/reviews Bank and cash financial data entry on daily basis.
14. On monthly basis follow-up prepayments (like rent, Internet services etc.) and manage schedule with the Program Officer.
15. Ensures preparation of staff monthly salary cost allocations coordinating closely with the Human Resource Unit.
16. Maintains the Assets and Liabilities monthly schedules and reconciliations and ensures that all balances are reconciled with the Financial and Data Management system.
17. Ensures that daily financial matters are handled in a systematic, accurate and transparent manner.
18. Monitors cash balances and bank flows on a daily basis and maintains close coordination with money transferring company to ensure smooth cash flows.
19. Responsible for all internal and external audit, donor specific audit, and any authorized third-party review of financial records.
20. Maintains a working relationship with SHS staff and partners to ensure smooth financial implementation of projects through partners.
21. Escalates any noted financial risks and fraud activities directly to the Administration and Human Resources and Project Manager.
22. Reviews official e-mails on a daily basis, responds to queries from suppliers and colleagues in a timely and appropriate manner and ensures any problematic issues are raised with the Administration and Human Resources Manager at the earliest opportunity.
23. Follows up on advances and expenses being in line with SHS and Budget principles.
24. Recording of the monthly Budget vs Actual (BVA) expenses to notice the percentage of the financial implementation.
25. Ensures that the finance assistant maintains an accurate record of all petty cash transactions maintained at all times, that petty cash expenditure is fully monitored and reconciled, and that requests for advances/replenishment are made in a timely manner.
26. Ensures a daily cash count and reconciles books on a weekly and monthly basis.
27. Conducts himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit SHS and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
28. Other duties as assigned.Do This
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Finance Assistant
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Project Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Finance Assistant, Logistic unit, Internal Control, Program and donor.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration is required.
- Fluency in English and Arabic language (written and spoken) is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ financial management experience is required.
- Good numeracy and analytical skills ability to work with large amounts of data are required
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment is desired.
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of MS Excel, is required.
- Excellent analytical skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Good organization and administration skills are desired.
- An ability to work quickly and accurately.
- An ability to pay close attention to detail, especially under pressure.
- A proactive approach to resolving any issues that may arise.
- An ability to work with large amounts of data,
- An ability to plan and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
- An ability to work within set guidelines and to identify instances when the guidelines are not being followed.
- An energetic, flexible, and proactive approach to work.
- An ability to work both independently, co-operatively within a team, and to maintain good working relationships.
- Adheres to all SHS policies and procedures, as outlined in SHS financial policies and procedure manuals.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs by the link : https://shsye.org/en/senior-finance-assistant/
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency; we may fill the position prior to the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل