Shelter Project Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Shelter Project Officer
Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development (YARD) is seeking to recruit:
Position: Shelter Project Officer
Location: Al Jawf Governorate
Reports to: Community Center Manager
Duration: 5 Months
Deadline: 5 Aug 2021
Brief Overview: Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development Foundation (YARD) is a National/Local Non-Government Foundation established for providing humanitarian assistance to individuals and community development and disaster relief, since 2013. YARD has been implementing various emergency, relief and development projects, as it has presence in 4 governorates in Yemen. Its programs are supported by UNHCR, UNICEF, UNFPA and UNOCHA. YARD is undertaking programs in the fields of CCCM, Shelter/NFIs, Protection, Cash Assistance, Education, WASH and Livelihood Programming, targeting IDPs, host communities and the most vulnerable individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting project staff to ensure smooth implementation of the project’s activities.
- Ensure that adequate technical standards are maintained for all the services provided.
- Ensuring the adequate implementation of the project plan.
- Ensuring that implemented activities achieved its outputs.
- Ensuring wise budget spending.
- Ensuring the successful achievement of the outcome.
- Keep in close touch with the donor (UNHCR).
- Attend cluster/coordination meetings relevance to the project.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the foundation.
- Follow the contacting process of the field staff & reviewing staff performance with HR team.
- Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff, beneficiaries, stakeholders and authorities.
- Attends coordination meetings.
- Any additional works and tasks related to the work will be requested.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor in business administration or any relevant field
- A minimum of one year of experience working with a NNGO or INGO in distributing NFIs/ESs in-cash and in-kind modalities, CCCM or shelter programming as well as in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to IDPs, experience in shelter work and community mobilization.
- Previous experience with community facilitation project.
- Solid understanding of administrative procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction management.
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and reporting in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good knowledge of public sector and/or emergency services.
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Prefer to be able to communicate and develop linkages with NGOs & INGOs, Government agencies, local communities.
- Professional fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is essential
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
- English and Arabic
The incumbent MUST be fluent in both languages (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening)
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل