Ended RFP: Pre-position and Distribute Non-Food Items (NFIs) and Emergency Shelter Kits in Aden and Surrounding Governorates
Request for Proposal
Note: a new file has been added to the attachments (Annex B)
The International Organization for Migration (hereinafter called IOM) intends to hire Organizations for the Pre-position and Distribute Non Food Items (NFIs) and Emergency Shelter Kits in Aden and surrounding governorates to Ensure Timely and Efficient Response to New Displacements and Ongoing Needs for which this Request for Proposals (RFP) is issued.
The IOM through the Bids Evaluation and Awards Committee (hereinafter called BEAC) now invites the Service Providers/Consulting Organizations to provide Technical and Financial Proposal who specialized in Pre-position and Distribute Non Food Items (NFIs) and Emergency Shelter Kits in Aden and surrounding governorates to Ensure Timely and Efficient Response to New Displacements and Ongoing Needs. More details on the services are provided in the attached Terms of Reference (TOR).
The RFP has been addressed to only specialized service providers in assessment under transition and recovery programme.
Through this Request for Proposals (RFP), IOM Yemen seeks applications from NGOs with proven full access and operational and logistical capacities across Aden and surrounding governorates (Aden hub) to implement the following:
·Identify the needs and gaps in Aden, Abyan, Al Bayda, Al Djale and Lahj governorates considering the gender, age, vulnerabilities, risk factors and capacities of the internally displaced populations (IDPs), returnees and the host communities;
- Provide needs assessment reports and submit to IOM Yemen in coordination with the S/NFI sub- cluster in Aden to provide immediate and appropriate S/NFI assistance;
- Ability to provide transportation for approved quantity of S/NFI kits (procured by IOM) from IOM warehouse in Aden to the warehouses managed by the NGO or to the distribution site.
- Provide temporary, safe and secure warehousing of S/NFI kits until they are distributed to beneficiaries;
- Provision of S/NFI kits to the most vulnerable families in line with the humanitarian principles (including protection) according to the needs assessment and response plan approved by IOM Yemen.
- Capacity for rapidly shifting stocks and/or resources from regular programme to emergency distribution as needed.
- Participation in coordination forums such as NFI/Shelter, CCCM Clusters, Technical Working Groups and other joint activities (e.g. assessments).
- Coordinate with local stakeholders and partners at the ground level and ensure that emergency assistance kits are delivered to the intended and most in need beneficiaries.
- Conduct monitoring activities (Distribution Monitoring (DM), Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM)) and set up appropriate beneficiary feedback mechanisms.
- Regularly submit required reports including narrative, financial and other necessary documentations (distribution plans, progress reports, beneficiary lists, DM/PDM reports, human interest stories, photos and videos).
- Provide distribution and monitoring reports on monthly and weekly basis if needed for tracking and updating the warehouse/s status.
- Circulate movement plans with IOM prior to any dispatching operations to distribution partners.
Detailed Budget (as per Annex C Budget Template) providing cost break-down of operational activities, support cost, etc., as follows:
- Operational and staff costs for a 2-month period for distributing 500 Shelter and 500 NFI kits.
- Warehousing costs for up to 500 Full NFI kits and 500 Emergency kits for one month.
- IOM will only cover the operational and administrative cost for each distribution approved by IOM. IOM will not cover staff and office costs during times when distributions are not ongoing.
- Support cost should not be higher than 20% of the overall budget amount. No overhead will be covered by the grant.
The selected NGO partners will enter into a six-month agreement with IOM which will be financed based on the implementation of the above-mentioned activities on a needs basis. The quantities of items distributed, locations and frequency of distributions will be determined in the course of the intervention based on emergency needs.
The selected partner should have existent capacity to quickly mobilize teams to conduct needs assessments, verification, warehousing, transportations and distributions.
The consulting Organization will be selected under a Quality - Cost Based Selection procedures described in this RFP.
The RFP includes the following documents: Section I. Letter of Invitation
Section II. Instructions to Organization
Section III. Technical Proposal – Standard Forms Section IV. Financial Proposal – Standard Forms Section V. Terms of Reference
Section VI. Standard Form of Contract
The Proposals should be valid for a period of 90 calendar days after submission.
The Proposals must be send to the below email clear markings SAH-RFP-2020-016 // Pre-position and Distribute Non Food Items (NFIs) and Emergency Shelter Kits in Aden and surrounding governorates to Ensure Timely and Efficient Response to New Displacements and Ongoing Needs and submit not later than 18 September 2020 on or before 04:00 pm local time.
TO: The Bids Evaluation and Awards Committee to email@example.com No late proposal shall be accepted.
IOM reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal and to annul the bidding process and reject all Proposals at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to affected Service Providers/ Consulting Organization s.
To download the related documents, please click on the right link under "Downloads & Attachments "